American Bulldog vs Pitbull
American bulldogs and pit bull terriers are playful dog breeds with some important differences to notice between them. They look quite distinct from their faces as well as from their body stature. For an unfamiliar person, both of them would look like just dogs, but the existing differences are noticeable. Therefore, this article intends to discuss the differences between American bulldog and pit bull terrier.
American bulldog is a medium sized dog of American origin. There are three types of them known as Classic, Standard, and Hybrid. Usually, they weigh about 25 to 55 kilograms, and the height at withers ranges from 50 to 70 centimetres. They are strong looking dogs with powerful jaws, large head, and well developed musculature. Their short coat is smooth, with brown, black, or fawn colour patches on a white background. They have a short muzzle, but drooping of the skin is not common. American bulldogs have usually flapped ears, but they can suddenly erect them in an excited situation. They need a good space to exercise, and these dogs are good for the houses with gardens. People breed for working purposes mainly, but they are popular pets as well. American bulldogs are social and active with their owner families, and their average lifespan is from 10 to 15 years.
Pit Bull Terrier
Pit bull terriers are also known as American pit bull terriers. It is a medium sized dog, which is a member of Molosser breed group. They originated in the United States, but their ancestors came from England and Ireland. They are a result of the cross between terriers and bulldogs. Their coat is short and the colouration could vary depending on the parents’ colourations. Their musculature is smooth and well developed but never looks bulky. Their eyes are round to almond shaped and ears are small. The weight of an adult pit bull terrier could vary from 15 to 40 kilograms and the height ranges from 35 to 60 centimetres. They are generally friendly with their owner family as well as with strangers. They have been trained for hunting purposes, as they are good chasers. The lifespan of a healthy pit bull terrier is about 14 years.
What is the difference between American Bulldog and Pit Bull Terrier?
· Both originated in the United States, but the pit bull terrier is a cross of bulldog and the terriers, and the ancestor are from England and Ireland.
· American bulldogs are larger and heavier compared to pit bull terriers.
· American bulldogs have typical colour patterns, whereas it depends on the parents’ colourations in pit bull terriers.
· The snout of the pit bull terrier is longer than in American bulldogs.
· American bulldogs have a wider chest and muscular shoulders, but those are not that prominent in pit bull terriers.
· Wrinkles of pit bull terriers are not prominent as in American bulldogs.
· The tip of the ears of the American bull dogs are flapped front, but those are laterally flapped in pit bulls.
· Arms are heavier in American bulldogs compared to pit bull terriers.