Apple iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus
As Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are the most recent iPhones released by Apple, it is very useful to know the difference between Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus before making the buying decision. The iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus were unveiled on the same day in September 2014. Basically, they have very similar features and hardware in which the chipset, CPU, GPU, RAM and sensors are all the same. Not only the hardware, but also the operating system is the same. Both run iOS 8. The most visible difference between them is the size where the length, width and height of iPhone 6 Plus is somewhat larger than the iPhone 6. Also, the weight of iPhone 6 Plus is bit higher than iPhone 6. Obviously due to the fact that the length and width of iPhone 6 plus is larger, the screen size larger. Also, the display resolution as well as the pixel density of iPhone 6 Plus is higher. Also, the increased size has provided more space letting designers put a battery with higher capacity in iPhone 6 plus than what is found on Apple iPhone 6. As a result, the standby and talk times of iPhone 6 Plus are higher. So as the name suggests as ‘Plus,’ iPhone 6 plus is like a bigger version of iPhone 6 with several extra features added.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Review – Features of Apple iPhone 6 Plus
This comprises an Apple A8 chip that has a dual core 1.4 GHz Cyclone processor. GPU is a quad core PowerVR GX6450 chip. The device has a RAM of 1GB. Different models exist for different prices where the customers can select storage capacities from 16GB, 64GB or 128GB. The body has dimensions of 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm and the weight is 172g. The display has a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with a pixel density of 401 ppi, which are huge values for a smart phone display. 5.5-inch LED-backlit widescreen Multi‑Touch display has a contrast of 1300:1. The camera that is 8MP has lot of advanced capabilities. Videos can be captured at a 1080p HD resolution combined with various features such as cinematic video stabilization, slo-mo video. Touch ID fingerprint sensor provides a secure authentication mechanism. The built-in rechargeable battery that has a capacity of 2915 mAh can support up to 24 hours of talk time and 16 days of standby time. The operating system that runs on the device is Apple iOS 8, which is a really simple and user-friendly operating system.
Apple iPhone 6 Review – Features of Apple iPhone 6
This device also consists of the same A8 chip with the same processor as the one found in iPhone 6 Plus. The GPU and the RAM capacity are also the same. In this one as well users have the flexibility to select a model where the storage capacity is either 16GB, 64GB or 128GB. The body is bit smaller than the iPhone 6 plus where it is just 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm and the weight is also lesser which is 129g. As the length and width have gone down the resolution of the display also has gone down. Here the resolution is 750 x 1334 pixels with 326 ppi pixel density. The display is 4.7 inches and the contrast supported is 4000:1. All other features and technologies in the display are same as in iPhone 6 Plus. Camera and video recording capabilities are also exactly the same to what is found on iPhone 6 Plus. Due to the decrease in size and weight compared to iPhone Plus, the capacity of the battery has gone down as well. In this case, the battery capacity is just 1810 mAh, providing only 14 hours of talk time and only 10 days of standby. The operating system is the same iOS 8.
What is the difference between Apple iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus?
• The dimensions of iPhone 6 plus are 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm, but the dimensions of iPhone 6 are 138.1 x 67 x 6.9 mm. So clearly iPhone 6 is smaller than iPhone 6 plus in all aspects.
• The weight of iPhone 6 plus is 172 g, but iPhone 6 is just 129g. So iPhone 6 is lighter than the plus edition by 43g.
• The display in iPhone 6 plus has a diagonal length of 5.5-inch. However, the display in iPhone 6 is smaller than that , which is 4.7-inch.
• The display in Apple iPhone 6 Plus is having a resolution of 1920-by-1080-pixel with a pixel density of 401. On the other hand, iPhone 6 has a lesser resolution of just 1334-by-750 with a pixel density of only 326ppi.
• The contrast ratio of the display of iPhone 6 Plus is 1300:1. However, the contrast ratio of the display in iPhone 6 is 1400:1.
• Non-removable rechargeable battery in iPhone 6 Plus has a capacity of 2915 mAh. However, the batter y in iPhone 6 has a lesser capacity, which is just 1810 mAh.
• The battery allows a talk time up to 24 hours in a 3G network on iPhone 6 Plus, but it is just 14 hours that is possible on iPhone 6.
• Battery in iPhone 6 plus lets a higher duration of internet usage before the battery is drained out. In iPhone 6 Plus, up to 12 hours on 3G, up to 12 hours on LTE and up to 12 hours on Wi‑Fi are possible. Nevertheless, in iPhone 6, only up to 10 hours on 3G, up to 10 hours on LTE, and up to 11 hours on Wi‑Fi is supported.
• Video playback time of 14 hours and audio playback time of 80 hours can be achieved in iPhone 6 plus. However, it is just 11 hours and 50 hours respectively that the battery in iPhone 6 sustains.
In a nutshell:
Apple iPhone 6 vs Apple iPhone 6 Plus
Apple iPhone 6 and Apple iPhone 6 Plus are smartphones that were introduced by Apple very recently on the same day. When compare the features and specifications of iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 plus, iPhone 6 plus is bigger and weightier than iPhone 6, but has advantages of higher display resolution and battery capacity. Apart from that, the hardware and software are all the same. So, one who cares about the portability would select iPhone 6. However, portability is a trade off with better battery capacity and display quality. Anyway, the price of iPhone 6 Plus is higher than iPhone 6 by a considerable amount.