Books vs eBooks
The difference between books and eBooks stems from the form in which they exist. In this age of computers, hardly anyone does not know about eBooks. These are books that have been digitalized and are available to everyone to read on a computer monitor or a tablet or iPad, or an eBook reader. We are all aware of books that we get in touch with right from our preschool days when we are given story books in printed form. But today, a child gets in touch with a computer monitor even before he gets to read from physical books. However, despite the fact that both are books, just like physical mail and email, there are glaring differences between books and eBooks that will be highlighted in this article.
What is a Book?
Book is a collection of papers that are bound together that carry stories on them. Despite so much of advancement, the joy of reading lies in keeping a book in your hands, being able to read in any position of rest you want. You can read keep standing, read while sitting on a table and chair, or you can go underneath a quilt and read the book, keeping it on your chest holding it in your hand, turning the page all by yourself. You can carry your book to all places you go, and we have no hesitation in saying that there are millions who gladly take the engrossing book to even bathrooms. Naturally the book goes while a person is on the move in a train, a car, or even a plane.
What is an eBook?
EBooks are books that exist in the digital form. Technology has progressed to such a level that today we have eBook readers that search and download books from the internet, which one can read just like a physical book. One can also carry this eBook reader in his hands from one place to another as it is lightweight and portable. In fact, an eBook reader is far more convenient as one cannot carry truckload of books from one place to another, whereas it is easy and fast to download and start reading a book whenever, wherever. However, you can see that there is a catch here. Once your eBook reader or whatever electronic device you are using to read, loses its battery power you have to charge it. If you are on the travel and there is no way you can charge the device, then you have to put a stop to reading. Also, to download books you have to have access to the internet. So an area without internet access is not good for a eBook reader.
What is the difference between Books and eBooks?
• Physical books or books are printed on paper that is made from wood of trees.
• On the other hand, eBooks are in digital form not requiring paper.
• You can touch and hold books in your hand, and even smell the new books.
• You can only get to see, and not touch books in eBook format.
• Font Size and Brightness:
• You cannot change font size and brightness in a physical book.
• You can change font size and brightness in the case of an eBook.
• Turning of Pages:
• You can turn pages by turning pages manually in a physical book.
• You require clicking buttons to go from a page to another in an eBook. However, with touch screens you just need to touch the screen.
• You have to protect books from insects and humidity and such.
• You have to protect eBooks from accidentally deleting them.
• Books come in various sizes, shapes, with and without illustrations, making them very attractive.
• EBooks cannot be attractive in the same way as a physical book. But the device you use to read can come in different sizes and shapes.
• Reading a book is quite easy.
• Sometimes reading an eBook can be troublesome if the book does not load quickly.
• Books available in the physical form as writing is first printed as a book.
• Not every book is available as an eBook.
• You do not have to depend on the electricity, to read a book. You can use any light source.
• But, you have to depend on the electricity to read an eBook.