Bull Terrier vs Pit Bull
Both these dog breeds belong to the terrier family but with different appearances. More to the differences, they were originated in two different countries. Therefore, it would be easy to understand the differences between them. This article would make it sensible for anyone to understand those distinctions.
Bull terriers are one of the very distinctive dog breeds of the terrier family, and they originated in England. Their unique egg shaped large head, small triangular eyes, and the gait are important to notice. Additionally, when their egg shaped head is viewed from the top, it looks flat. However, their snout is sloping evenly and smoothly towards the tip of nose. Therefore, there is no prominent demarcation between the snout and the nostrils in Bull terriers. Their body is round and rich in muscles, and measures the height (at withers) from 52 to 61 centimetres and the body weight could vary from 22 to 38 kilograms. They walk with a jaunty gait and their tail positions horizontally while walking. Bull terriers have a short and dense coat, which is mostly available in white colour, but there any colour is possible for them except blue or liver. They are very loyal, clownish or comical, active, and fearless dogs. They can live a long life that go as far as 16 years. However, there is a chance for them to be deaf for one of every five of their pure white puppies. Skin allergies due to insect bites are also possible for these dogs.
Pit Bull Terrier
Pit bull terriers, also known as American Pit bull terriers, originated in the United States, but their ancestors came from England and Ireland. They include to the members of the Molosser breed group and they are a result of the cross between terriers and bulldogs. Their coat is short and the colouration could vary depending on the parents’ colourations. Their musculature is smooth and well developed but never looks bulky. Their eyes are round to almond shaped and ears are small. They are medium sized dogs, the weight of an adult Pit bull terrier could vary from 15 to 40 kilograms, and the height ranges from 35 to 60 centimetres. They are generally friendly with their owner family as well as with strangers. They have been trained for hunting purposes, as they are very good chasers. However, they may be susceptible for skin allergies, congenital heart defects, and hip dysplsia. The lifespan of a healthy pit bull terrier is about 14 years.
What is the difference between Bull Terrier and Pit Bull Terrier?
· Pit bull terriers originated in the United States but Bull terriers in England.
· Pit bull has a shorter snout compared to Bull terrier.
· Bull terrier has an egg shaped large head but not for Pit bull terrier.
· The eyes of Pit bull are round, but those are triangular shaped in Bull terriers.
· In general, both are in the same range of weights and heights, but Pit bulls are stronger than Bull terriers.
· Bull terriers are more attached to home compared to Pit bull terriers.
· Bull terriers are mostly white in colouration, while Pit bull terriers are available in different colours.
· Pit bulls have a large and curved upper lip that covers the lower lip, whereas Bull terriers have a small upper lip that does not cover the lower lip.
· The snout of Pit bull directs slightly upwards, whereas it slopes smoothly and evenly in Bull terriers.