Cleanser vs Face Wash
Keeping your face clean and clear to have a skin that is radiating and glowing are a necessary precaution that everyone should take. Washing one’s face with anything that has the power to cleanse the face and remove all dirt that plants on the skin when we move out of the home is a good idea, and should be made a part of our daily regime of good hygiene. Only a few decades ago, people had no choice but to wash their faces with soap bars, though fashion and skin conscious people used different types of oils and crèmes (even mudpacks) to cleanse their faces. Today we have the options of face wash and cleansers to keep our faces clean and clear. But not many people are aware of the differences between a face wash and a cleanser, and consider them to be one and the same thing. This article tries to highlight the differences between the two to enable readers to use either of the two according to their facial requirements.
The difference between a cleanser and a face wash is evident from their names. A cleanser is something that is required to cleanse our face, to remove dirt from the face. On the other hand, a face wash connotes something that is a replacement for a regular soap and needed when we have to wash our face. Of course, a person can use both a face wash and a cleanser depending upon her requirements. If the person doesn’t go out too often, using a cleanser to remove dirt may be required once a week only. On the other hand, for a person going out daily means more oil and dirt on face requiring the cleanser to be used daily at night to remove all the dirt.
What is the difference between Cleanser and Face Wash?
· If you wear makeup daily, it is better to use cleanser on a daily basis as cleansers are more effective in taking off makeup than face wash.
· A cleanser is gentler than a face wash, which in turn is much gentler than soap.
· A cleanser is much more moisturizing too. It contains less of soap and is creamier than face wash.
· For a dry face, a cleanser is much better than a face wash as it keeps the skin soft.
· Face wash is more to get rid of oily skin than cleanser, which is primarily to remove dirt from the face.
· One can use both for the care of one’s facial skin, though it is better t use cleansers less frequently than face wash
· Face wash is more or less a substitute for a regular soap.