College vs School
Every kid moves on from a school to a college after he passes his 10+2 exam. This is also a time when he has to choose between various colleges and universities available in his area of residence or a nearby area that fulfill his requirements. There are a lot of differences between a school and a college that will be highlighted in this article.
A school is an educational institution that is like and edifice over which the building of higher education is built. But, this is too obvious a difference between the two educational settings that are as different as chalk and cheese for students, who feel like a fish that has been thrown in the ocean or sea from the small river or stream that is more safe and secure. In terms of both size and faculties, a college is much bigger than a school, which is like and extended family for a student as he grows up in the same environment and becomes a part of the family as all teaches and other staff get to know him inside out, and he too feels at home in the building, which is almost like his home.
On the other hand, a college is more neutral in both the environment and attitude of teachers, who are more concerned with imparting knowledge than trying to shape up the character of students, which is common in schools. Moral teachings and nationalistic feelings are tried to be infused in kids at schools, while colleges try to consolidate the knowledge base of the students, preparing them for a future, where the degree earned would prove valuable in getting a job in the industry.
While there are uniforms in schools and more discipline than in colleges, there is a self imposed discipline in colleges with no uniforms being mandatory. In colleges, there are minimum numbers of hours necessary to complete units of a course, and it is up to students to decide which classes to attend and which ones to leave out. On the other hand, there is no such liberty available to students who need to attend all classes.
Ask a student about his feelings in a high school, and he will come out with all the fears and anxieties, while first year in a college is almost fun for most students as most of the restrictions imposed in a school are automatically lifted in a college.
What is the difference between College and School?
· A school is typically smaller in size than a college.
· There are various departments in a college, whereas a school is monolithic in structure.
· Students have to follow a lot of rules and regulations in school, also wear uniforms, whereas there are very few restrictions in colleges and no uniforms.
· While students learn all subjects in school; they choose subject they wish to complete undergraduate course in college.
· There are unofficial teachings in morality and nationalism in schools, while teachers are concerned with imparting just knowledge of the subject in a college.