Cupcake vs Cake
We all know what a cake is, and the young generation is very much aware of cupcakes as a form of miniature cakes. Both cake and cupcake are types of bread that has been baked to make a dessert. However, there are differences between the two types of cakes that will be discussed in this article.
Cake is a baked dessert that is being made since very early times. The word cake has been derived from the old Viking kaka. Variety of ingredients are used to make cakes, but one thing is common with cakes made in all cultures that they have ceremonial value and are used to serve the guests at weddings and birthdays. In fact, there is a tradition to cut the cake at the wedding by the bride and groom whereas on birthdays, the person whose birthday is being celebrated cuts the cake before it is served to the guests.
Cakes can be simple or made of different layers with each layer being made up of different ingredients. The basic ingredients of all cakes are flour, sugar, butter, and eggs, though, for vegetarians, eggless cakes are also made. To make the cakes fluffy, leavening agents such as yeast is sometimes used. Sometimes layers of creams, butter creams and pastry creams are used inside cakes, and they are often decorated with icings.
Cupcake is a small cake that is baked in tins or paper cups. It is a cake that is meant to be served to an individual as opposed to a large cake that can be cut into pieces and be served to many people. Cupcakes, being smaller, easily bake in less time. They are less expensive and have the same ingredients like a large cake. Cupcakes can be simple or complex, and they can be layered with icings and frostings.
What is the difference between Cupcake and Cake?
• Basically, there is no difference between a cake and a cupcake and their batters are also roughly the same with identical ingredients.
• Cupcakes are small cakes made in a muffin tray or in individual paper cups.
• Cupcakes are meant to be served individually whereas cakes are large in size and need to be cut into pieces before serving to many people.
• Cupcakes are more attractive for small children, and they stop wastage of cakes in the form of leftovers in the plates of children.
• Cupcakes can be easily carried to schools in the lunchboxes of children
• Cupcakes, being smaller, get baked in a smaller time than cakes.
• Cupcake can be served much more easily than a cake.