Diet Coke vs Coke Zero
Choosing between Diet Coke and Coke Zero may be somewhat puzzling without knowing the actual difference between both drinks. Because, by name, both imply a similar meaning; less or no calorie drinks. Diet Coke and Coke Zero are both low-calorie soft drinks from the Coca-Cola family. Diet Coke was introduced in the year 1982. It became a big hit in America, and it was once considered the most preferred sugar-free soft drink. Coke Zero was introduced much later; it was introduced in 2005 and marketed as having low calories in United States and elsewhere as zero sugar. It is interesting to note that Diet Coke is popular with women whereas Coke Zero is popular with men or young adults.
What is Diet Coke?
Diet Coke is also known by the names Diet Coca-Cola, Coca-Cola Light, or Coke Light in some countries. According to the Caffeine Informer, it is named the 2rd most preferred soft drink in the United States. Diet Coke is the darling of people who show no interest in calories, but who prefer tasty soft drinks.
Diet Coke does not use a modified form of the Coca-Cola recipe, but instead an entirely different formula is used. The ingredients in the making of Diet Coke include carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzonate, natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. Diet Coke is one of the favorite soft drinks of people because of the fact that it comes indifferent flavors. The various flavors included in Diet Coke are Diet Coke Caffeine-Free, Diet Coke with Lemon, Diet Coke with Lime, Diet Raspberry Coke, Diet Black Cherry Vanilla Coke, Diet Coke Sweetened with Splenda, Diet Coke Plus.
What is Coke Zero?
Coke Zero is also known as Coca-Cola Zero in some countries. According to the Caffeine Informer, Coke zero has become the 10th most preferred soft drink in America by 2013. It is made of ingredients such as carbonated water, caramel color, phosphoric acid, aspartame, potassium benzonate, natural flavors, potassium citrate, acesulfame potassium, caffeine. Hence, it can be found that there is not much of a difference in their ingredients.
The big difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero is that the Coke Zero, unlike the sugar-free Diet Coke, is formulated to taste like Coca-Cola with absolutely no calories whatsoever. Unlike Diet Coke’s many variants, Coke Zero comes with only several flavors as Coca-Cola Cherry Zero, Coca-Cola Vanilla Zero, and Caffeine Free Coca-Cola Zero.
What makes Coke Zero the most favorite soft drink among the youth is the fact that it is looked upon as a tastier drink when compared to Diet Coke. The extra taste in Coke Zero is probably due to the addition of artificial sweeteners such as Ace K and aspartame. Researchers have found that the blend of the ingredients makes the difference when it comes to the making of Diet Coke and Coke Zero.
What is the difference between Diet Coke and Coke Zero?
• Diet Coke is low calorie or sugar-free soft drink. Coke Zero is marketed as low calories/ zero sugar.
• The reason for introducing Coke Zero was that the men were not enjoying Diet Coke much or being hesitant to drink Diet coke as it was considered a woman’s drink. This assumption was not something made by the company. It was the society’s perspective of the drink. As a result, the company introduced Coke Zero, targeting men.
• Diet Coke comes in various flavors. Coke Zero has got only several flavors.
• Diet Coke is made to an entirely different formula. Coke Zero formulated to taste like Coca-Cola. Between the two, there is not much difference in the ingredients.
• Diet Coke is popular with women whereas Coke Zero is popular with men or young adults. The taste of Coke Zero is what has made it more popular among men and young adults.