Flyer vs Brochure
There are many different ways to let people know about your product, service, or any upcoming project or event. Flyers and brochures are two such tools that allow a business to market their products or service in an easy manner. Both happen to be printed products on papers making it confusing for people to decide between them. There are many who feel that flyer and brochure are one and the same. However, the reality is that there are subtle differences between a flyer and a brochure that make them useful and effective for different purposes. Let us find out about those differences in this article.
What is a Flyer?
Flyer is a thin and very lightweight inexpensive piece of paper of size A4 (8 ½ X11 inches) that is used to print information that a business wants to spread to as many people as possible. The paper can be white or any other colour to make it look attractive and the text is set in such a manner so as to make it interesting for the reader. This is an inexpensive form of advertising as a person can be made to stand in a public place and asked to hand out these flyers to one and all who pass by. Thus, flyers are distributed at random without any intended audience. They are also distributed to all invited guests at press conferences. Candidates fighting elections make good use of these flyers to make a vote appeal though they are equally good to advertise a new product or service in nearby areas.
What is a Brochure ?
Brochure is a piece of paper with text, but it is organized and it contains several sheets bound together. Brochure contains a large amount of information, and it also has photographs at times to let readers know about new products and services.It is printed on expensive paper and multicolored printing is often used. A brochure is not distributed at random and is not to be given to everyone as it has an intended audience like prospective customer or someone who might be interested in the product or service. A single piece of paper is often folded two or three times depending upon the information to be printed. A Brochure is often used by companies to print as much as information about their line of products and often insurance companies print information about their products that a consumer can read at leisure.
What is the difference between Flyer and Brochure?
• A flyer is single sheet of paper whereas a brochure can be a single sheet folded several times.
• A flyer has limited amount of information whereas brochure has detailed information about various products.
• A flyer is made of inexpensive paper whereas brochure is made of expensive paper.
• A flyer is freely distributed whereas brochure is intended for prospective customers.
• A brochure is certainly more interesting than a flyer for a prospective customer.
• A flyer is an inexpensive form of marketing whereas brochure is expensive.
- Difference Between Flyers and Posters
- Difference Between Pamphlet and Brochure
- Difference Between Flyer and Pamphlet