Gambling vs Investing
Gambling and Investing have few things in common. These activities both involved money and is considered as a commercial activity. There are many ways how entrepreneur spend their money to earn more. But taking a closer look to these two activities involving money, there are differences that needs clarification for us to be able to use these two terms in the right way. For sure, there are great differences between gambling and investing and, if we can classify those, we can identify what is gambling and investing specifically.
Gambling is considered to be a major international commercial activity wherein most of these activities are illegal. Illegal gambling is heavily controlled or banned in many jurisdictions in local and national. Aside from illegal gambling, there are also activities that are legal such as wagering money in a game without certain outcome, just an intent to win additional money. Gambling is commonly found in casinos where you can earn money in playing different types of games like table games, electronic games and sports betting.
On the other hand, investing is also a commercial activity, wherein investors put money into something but not gaming, with the hope of a regular profit. The activities involve purchasing of financial instruments or other assets to gain profitable returns.
Investing is almost the same with gambling, but the only good thing in investing is that, you can see a profit from the money you invested regularly.
Difference between gambling and investing
Whether it is gambling or investing, an entrepreneur spend money in different ways wishing to earn more money. In one way or the other, both are ways to earn more money to sustain daily needs. The only thing is that, in gambling you are enjoying playing game while you earn and in investing, you are serious enough or shall we say you are a business minded person in spending the money.
1. Gambling and investing are both ways of making their money profitable.
2. Gambling in general is a recreational activity than an activity to find extra income.
3. Gambling is done in a way of leisure like playing games while investing makes your money grow in a professional way and helps you become mature enough in business.
4. Gambling is commonly found in casinos where you can earn money in playing different types of games like table games, electronic games and sports betting while investing is found in establishments like banks and business offices or any small business.
5. In gambling you are not sure if you earn more money unless you win the game while investing assures you regular profit if you manage the business in the right way.
6. The risk of losing money is very high in gambling whereas in investing there are tools to forecast the return.
7. When gambling goes beyond the recreational level and becomes uncontrollable or addictive it can create pathological gambling disorder in a person that affects the important aspects of the gambler’s life.