Google Nexus 6 vs Apple iPhone 6 Plus
When compare the features and specifications of Google Nexus 6 and Apple iPhone 6 Plus side by side, the greatest difference between Google Nexus 6 and iPhone 6 Plus is in the operating system. iPhone 6 Plus runs Apple iOS 8 while Nexus 6 runs Android 5 Lollipop. Another noteworthy difference between both is that Nexus 6 is resistant to water while iPhone 6 plus is not, but when thickness of Nexus 6 is compared iPhone is much slimmer. Also, iPhone 6 Plus has a unique fingerprint sensor that is not found in Nexus. In addition, when hardware specifications are considered Nexus 6 is far ahead , as for example RAM in Nexus is thrice the capacity of iPhone 6 Plus. However, iPhone 6 Plus has a maximum of 128GB internal memory while the maximum in Nexus 6 is just 64 GB.
Google Nexus 6 Review – Features of Google Nexus 6
Nexus 6 is a smartphone that came to the market just few days ago in November 2014. The operating system is the latest Android operating system Lollipop, which has a lot of customization capabilities and tons of free apps via Google Play store. The specification of the device is closer to the values of a laptop with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor which is a quad core 2.7GHz and a RAM capacity of 3GB. The combination of this high-end processor and the large R AM capacity makes it possible to run any memory hungry app smoothly on the device. The device consists of an Adreno 420 GPU that provides graphics acceleration for latest games. The storage capacity can be selected so that it is either 32GB or 64GB. The resolution of the QHD AMOLED display is an important fact to emphasize as a value of 2560×1440 resolutions is even larger than the resolution of a normal 19” monitor. Camera is a very powerful one with 13MP resolution and together with optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual-LED flash features it would let a great photo quality. Speakers of the device that provides immersive stereo sounds make it an ideal de vice for music and video play. The dimensions of the device are 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm and the 10.1mm thickness is bit higher when compared to other slim phones available in the market today. Another specialty of the device is that it is waterproof and it will enable usage of the device even in rainy weather without any headaches about providing shelter to the device. A missing feature in the device is a fingerprint sensor hence users would have to stick to classical locking methods in android.
Apple iPhone 6 Plus Review – features of Apple iPhone 6 Plus
This is the latest product by Apple under their iPhone series where the release happened just few months ago in September 2014. Furnished with an Apple A8 chip that consists an ARM based Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone processor and a Power VR GX6450 GPU, it has a RAM of 1GB. However, it is obviously behind the Nexus 6 with respect to hardware specifications. The 8MP camera combined with unique features such as optical image stabilization, phase detection autofocus, dual-LED flash and many other features allow capturing of photos of great quality. The fingerprint sensor that comprise Touch ID technology lets the usage of fingerprint as the password providing very high level of security and this is a feature that is missing in Nexus 6. Different models are available for different prices, where the storage capacity can be selected from either 16GB or 64GB or 128 GB. The display has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels and about 401 ppi pixel density and the images rendered are clear even at wide viewing angles. Dimensions are 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm making it a very slim phone than the Nexus. The operating system found on iPhone 6 Plus is iOS 8 which is upgradable to version 8.1. This operating system is a very simple but very user-friendly one with minimal delays and crashes. An important feature missing in Apple iPhone 6 Plus when compared to Nexus 6 is the lack of water resistivity. Also, t here is a great uproar on the internet about cases where brand new iPhone 6 Plus underwent bending, but Apple says this is extremely rare and they have promised to replace such faulty ones.
What is the difference between Google Nexus 6 and Apple iPhone 6 Plus?
• Google Nexus was released in November 2014 and Apple iPhone Plus was released in September 2014.
• Google nexus has dimensions of 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm while iPhone 6 Plus has dimensions of 158.1 x 77.8 x 7.1 mm. The iPhone is significantly slimmer than the Nexus.
• Google Nexus is 184 g and Apple iPhone is a bit lighter which is 172g.
• Google Nexus 6 is water resistant, but Apple iPhone 6 Plus is not.
• Apple iPhone 6 Plus has a fingerprint sensor for authentication via touch ID. However, Google Nexus 6 does not have that.
• The resolution of Google Nexus 6 is 2560 x 1440 pixels with a pixel density of about 493 ppi. However, the resolution of iPhone 6 Plus is bit lesser which is 1920 x 1080 pixels at 401 ppi pixel density.
• Google Nexus 6 has a Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 Quad-core 2.7 GHz processor while the processor is Apple iPhone 6 plus is bit behind this which is an ARM based Dual-core 1.4 GHz Cyclone processor.
• Nexus has a RAM capacity of 3GB while RAM of iPhone 6 plus is thrice lesser which is just 1GB.
• Nexus 6 has storage capacities of 32GB and 64GB. Apple iPhone 6 Plus has up to much higher capacities where there are 32GB, 64GB and 128GB ones.
• Camera in Google Nexus 6 is 13 mega pixels. The camera is iPhone 6 Plus is lesser than this which is 8 mega pixels.
• The maximum video capture quality in Nexus 6 is 2160p at 30fps while in iPhone it is 1080p with 60fps. When considering the resolution Nexus is much ahead but when the frame rate is considered Apple is ahead.
• The secondary camera is Nexus 6 is 2 megapixels while the secondary camera in iPhone 6 Plus is 1.2 mega pixels.
• Google Nexus 6 is running Android Lollipop as the operating system. Operating system in iPhone 6 Plus is iOS 8.
Google Nexus 6 vs Apple iPhone 6 Plus
When compare the features and specifications of Google Nexus 6 and Apple iPhone 6 Plus side by side, you will realize that both are very powerful smartphones that are as powerful as modern tablets; however, both are having their own pros and cons. A plus feature in Nexus 6 is the water resistivity, but it does not have a fingerprint sensor that is present in iPhone 6 plus. When thickness is considered iPhone 6 Plus is much slimmer. Android operating system found in Nexus 6 allows a lot of customizations than what is allowed in iOS on iPhone 6 Plus, but that is with a compromise of the simplicity that is there on iOS.