Google Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4
As Google Nexus 6 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 are very recent high end smartphones based on Android operating system, knowing the difference between Google Nexus 6 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4 will be helpful when choosing one of the two. While Nexus 6 is shipped with the most recent Android 5 Lollipop version , Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is shipped with the previous Android 4.4 KitKat version. Nexus 6 has the original Google Android version hence it would receive any update almost as soon as they are released. On the other hand, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is having the customized Android by Samsung hence updates would be bit delayed but yet several useful applications and features are available in this modified version. When we compare the specifications and features of Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4, we can notice that both devices have very similar specifications with respect to RAM, processor and GPU, but they both have its own pros and cons. Nexus 6 has the advantage being waterproof, but it lacks a finger print sensor and the capability to be used by an S pen. Camera in Galaxy Note 4 is having a higher resolution than on Nexus 6, but it lacks the dual LED flash feature.
Google Nexus 6 Review – Features of Google Nexus 6
Nexus 6 is a smartphone that came to the market just few days ago in November 2014. The operating system is the latest Android operating system Lollipop (Android 5), which has a lot of customization capabilities and tons of free apps via Google Play store. This has the original Android release by Google (which is also known as the stock android version) hence it will be first to receive any update as soon as released. The specification of the device is closer to the values of a laptop with a powerful Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor which is a quad core 2.7GHz and a RAM capacity of 3GB. The combination of this high end processor and the large RAM capacity makes it possible to run any memory hungry app smoothly on the device. The device consists of an Adreno 420 GPU that provides graphics acceleration for latest games. The storage capacity can be selected so that it is either 32GB or 64GB. The resolution of the QHD AMOLED display is an important fact to emphasize as a value of 2560×1440 resolution is even larger than the resolution of a normal 19″ monitor. Camera is a very powerful one with 13MP resolution and together with optical image stabilization, autofocus and dual-LED flash features it would let a great photo quality. Speakers of the device that provides immersive stereo sounds make it an ideal device for music and video play. The dimensions of the device are 159.3 x 83 x 10.1 mm and the 10.1mm thickness is bit higher when compared to other slim phones available in the market today. Another specialty of the device is that it is waterproof and it will enable usage of the device even in a rainy weather without any headaches about providing shelter to the device. A missing feature in the device is a fingerprint sensor hence users would have to stick to classical locking methods in android.
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Review – Features of Samsung Galaxy Note 4
This is a very recent smartphone introduced by Samsung with stunning specifications. The processor being Quad core with 3GB of RAM makes it very similar to the specification in Nexus. The size is 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm and the weight is 176g. A special feature in Galaxy Note 4 is that it supports control by ‘S pen stylus’ which makes it possible to take onscreen notes or draw figures very easily. This would be an added advantage for those who need very precise control over the commands. With an immense resolution of 2560 x 1440 pixels with 515 ppi pixel density, the screen can render pictures at great quality and detail. With a powerful GPU together with the superb resolution this is the ideal phone for games that requires sophisticated graphics. The camera is 16MP which is a huge resolution for a camera on a smartphone. Videos can be recorded at an immense resolution of 2160p. The device has all the sensors present in Nexus 6 and additionally it has a heartbeat sensor as well. The device runs the Android 4.4.4 edition which is also known as KitKat. This operating system lets a huge degree of customizations, as necessarily as the user wishes.
What is the difference between Google Nexus 6 and Samsung Galaxy Note 4?
• Nexus 6 was released just a few days ago in November 2014 while Galaxy Note 4 was released last month that is October 2014.
• Nexus 6 is shipped with the most recent android version Lollipop, that was also released very recently in same November 2014. However, Galaxy Note 4 is shipped with the previous Android version which is KitKat, but Samsung may soon release the Lollipop update for its Galaxy Note 4 as well.
• The Android operating system found on Nexus 6 is the original android operating system developed by Google (also known as the Android stock version). However, Android running on Galaxy Note 4 is a version of android that is customized by Samsung.
• The Nexus 6 is having dimensions of 159.3 x 83 x 10.1. Dimensions of Galaxy Note 4 is 153.5 x 78.6 x 8.5 mm. Nexus 6 seem to be a little bit larger in all three dimensions than the Galaxy Note 4.
• The weight of Nexus 6 is 184g while Galaxy Note 4 is 176g.
• Galaxy Note 4 can be controlled using an S pen, but Nexus 6 does not support such a device.
• Galaxy Note 4 has a fingerprint sensor that can be used to authenticate the user, but Nexus 6 does not have such a facility. Also, Galaxy Note has a heart rate sensor which is not found in Nexus 6.
• Nexus 6 is a water resistant device, but this is not the case in Galaxy Note 4.
• Nexus 6 has internal storage capacities to be selected from either 32Gb or 64GB. However, Galaxy Note 4 is always limited to an internal memory of 32GB.
• Galaxy Note 4 supports external memory cards up to size 128GB, but this is not so in Nexus 6.
• Both devices have the same processor which is Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 2.7GHz quad core processor. However, there is another edition in Galaxy Note 4 which has an Octa-core processor (2 quad-core processors).
• Both devices have 3GB of RAM.
• Both devices have the same Adreno 420 GPU, but Galaxy Note 4 also has another edition that has Mali-T760 GPU.
• Primary Camera of Nexus 6 is just 13 megapixels, but it is 16 megapixels on Galaxy Note 4. Even though the resolution is high in Galaxy Note 4, it does not have a dual LED flash feature as in Nexus 6.
• Secondary camera of Nexus 6 is 2 megapixels while it is 3.7 mega pixels on Galaxy Note 4.
• Both devices have the same display resolution, but Nexus 6 has a bit large display than Galaxy Note 4.(just by 0.26 inches)
• Galaxy Note 4 has an infra-red port, but this is not there in Nexus 6.
• Nexus 6 has front facing speakers while this feature is absent in Galaxy Note 4.
• Galaxy Note 4 supports additional features such as split screen mode one-handed mode and ultra-power saving mode while these features are missing in Nexus 6.
Google Nexus 6 vs Samsung Galaxy Note 4
When you compare the specifications and features of Nexus 6 and Galaxy Note 4, you will notice that both are very sophisticated smartphones with almost same CPU, RAM and Graphics capability. One who loves unmodified Android with very quick updates would select a Google Nexus while modified Android by Samsung in Galaxy Note 4 also has other advantages like vendor apps and features. While buying a Nexus releases you from the burden of protecting the device from water Samsung Galaxy Note 4 lets you use your fingerprint as the authentication method. Also, Galaxy Note 4 has the advantage of being used with an S pen stylus, making it much useful for those who take onscreen notes and need precise control.