Internet vs Books
Internet and books are two very comparable terms as both provide valuable information, but vastly differ when we compare the time taken to provide the information by the two. Before the internet was available to us books were the only source we turned to for any bit of information, we used to flock to the library and searched for the book that contained relevant information. It is now thing of past to go to library as the whole library is now at our finger tips in the form of internet. One marvels at the amount of information and speed with which one can get information regarding anything. Both internet and books are two very different sources but earlier generation still prefer to read books and like to collect them as souvenir.
Internet changed the way we looked at the books as it provided all from history to literature, education to entertainment all at one click. Internet is now considered to be the most powerful tool of information that is available to mankind and this tool has still got immense potential and is growing big with every passing day. Internet is provided to the surfers through servers that are located all over the world and one can go to any website of his liking to find the relevant information. Internet has revolutionized every field of the world and we cannot think of world without internet.
Books have been there since ancient times and before the paper was available to the scholars they use rocks, leaves and cloth to put down their findings for future generations. But when paper was invented books became a popular source of information and entertainment. Books were earlier used for education only but when paper was invented books were written for everyone and for every purpose. Books were read for studying a subject for entertainment or to know about history. Books were read by kids for fables and by grownups as novels and literature. Books were made available to readers by the publishers by printing them in presses.
Difference between Internet vs Books
• Internet is fast and easy to use in finding information regarding a particular subject than books are.
• Internet is an electronic medium of information and entertainment but books are physical form of source of information.
• Books are read for a more thorough study and internet is used for an overall view of the subject.
• Internet provided reading, sound and visual experience to the surfer but books provide only the visual experience.
• Internet is interactive and one can become part of the action taking place on the screen but books cannot provide this.
• Internet has far greater penetration in the houses as compared to the books.
• Internet is much cheaper than books.
• Internet has some very bad effects on children because of exposure to sex and violence but books are safe and good friends of children.