LG G Flex 2 vs HTC Desire 826
Everyone is interested in knowing the difference between LG G Flex 2 and HTC Desire 826 since LG G Flex 2 and HTC Desire 826 are two latest smartphones announced during the CES 2015 show just a few days ago. The notable difference between LG G Flex 2 and HTC Desire 826 is that the LG G Flex 2 is a flexible phone that has a curved shape while HTC Desire 826 is a conventional flat phone. LG G Flex 2 has a variety where the RAM can be selected from 2GB and 3GB and internal storage capacity can be selected from 16GB and 32GB, but HTC Desire 826 is limited to 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal memory. Both have high resolution 13MP cameras at the back, but the front camera of HTC 826 seems to be much better than the front camera on LG G Flex 2.
LG G Flex 2 Review – Features of LG G Flex 2
LG G Flex 2 is a smartphone introduced by LG a very few days ago in CES 2015 that features some very interesting features. This is actually the second generation of the LG G Flex phone that came to the market back in 2013. The device is furnished with a quad core 2.0GHz processor with 2GB/3GB of RAM. The storage capacity can be selected from 16GB and 32GB while certain editions will support microSD up to 2TB even though in the market currently one cannot find such large SD cards.The phone has a length of 149mm, width of 75mm and the thickness takes between 7.1mm to 9.4mm due to the curve. The most special feature is the curved shapes where the phone takes a 23-degree arc lengthwise. The device is somewhat flexible where the curve can be straightened by applying a force, but it would revert to the original shapes after a while. The display has an HD resolution of 1080p with a display size of 5.5 inches. The rear camera is a one with huge resolution of 13 megapixels, but the front camera is only 2.1 megapixels. The battery capacity is 3000mAh and LG claims that the phone can charge by 50% in 40minutes. The operating system on the device would be Android 5.0 Lollipop, which is the latest Android version.
HTC Desire 826 Review – Features of HTC Desire 826
HTC Desire 826 is also a recently announced phone by HTC at CES 2015. The processor is a quad-core processor, and the RAM is 2GB. There are two editions with different processors. One is a quad core processor with 1GHz speed while the other is a quad core processor of 1.7GHz speed. The internal storage capacity is 16GB and micro SD cards are supported. It has a 5.5 inch screen of 1080p resolution. There are two cameras of which the rear camera has a huge resolution of 13 megapixels and the front camera also has a considerable resolution of 4 megapixels. The front camera composes the UltraPixel technology of HTC and hence we can expect a great quality for selfie photos. The dimensions are 158mm by 77.5mm by 7.99mm and the weight is 183g. The battery has a capacity of 2600mAh. The operating system would be the latest Android version Android 5.0 Lollipop with HTC customizations such as HTC sense.
What is the difference between LG G Flex 2 and HTC Desire 826?
• LG G Flex 2 is a curved smartphone with an arc of 23 degrees along the length. It is also flexible where the arc can be straightened by force, but it will revert to the original shape when released. But HTC Desire 826 does not have this curved feature.
• LG G Flex has a height of 149mm width of 75mm and due to the arc height is different at different places that range between 7.1mm to 9.4mm. The dimensions of HTC Desire 826 are 158 x 77.5 x 7.99 mm.
• The weight of LG G Flex 2 is 152g, but the HTC Desire 826 is a bit heavier with a weight of 183g.
• The processor in LG G Flex 2 is a quad core processor of 2GHZ frequency. The processor in HTC Desire 826 is also quad core, but the speed is less, which is just 1GHz. But HTC Desire 826 also has a different edition that features a 1.7GHz quad core processor.
• LG G Flex 2 has two editions one with a 16GB storage capacity and another with a 32GB capacity. But the HTC Desire 826 is limited to 16GB. Both supports external micro SD cards to expand the storage further.
• LG G Flex 2 has an edition with 2GB RAM and another with 3GB of RAM. But HTC Desire 826 has only one edition of RAM of 2GB.
• The front camera of LG G Flex 2 is just 2.1 megapixels. But the front camera of HTC Desire 826 is of higher resolution that is 4 megapixels. This front camera of Desire 826 has the HTC feature called UltraPixel and hence the quality of the front camera of HTC Desire 826 is supposed to be of higher quality.
• The battery of LG G Flex 2 has a capacity of 3000mAH while the battery capacity of HTC Desire 826 is a bit lesser, which is 2600mAh.
• Both runs Android 5 Lollipop as the operating system. LG G Flex has LG’s features such as KnockOn, KnockCOde and GlanceView while HTC Desire 826 has HTC feature called HTC sense.
LG G Flex 2 vs HTC Desire 826
One, who likes a phone which is different from a conventional phone, should go for the LG G Flex 2 as it is a flexible phone with a curved shape. But, if one is worried about that and loves just a traditional flat shape, then should go for HTC Desire 826. The processor of HTC Desire 826 has a low speed when compared to LG G Flex 2, but both are quad core processors. LG G Flex 2 has a variety to be selected from where different models with different RAM capacity and storage capacity are available while, in HTC Desire 826, it is fixed. Another notable difference between LG G Flex 2 and HTC Desire 826is the front camera where the HTC Desire 826 has a 4 MP camera while this is just 2.1MP on LG G Flex 2.
LG G Flex 2
HTC Desire 826
|Design||Flexible – 23° arc||Standard|
|Screen Size||5.5 inches||5.5 inches|
|Dimension (mm)||149(H) x 75(W) x 7.1-9.4(T)||158(H) x 77.5(W) x 7.99(T)|
|Weight||152 g||183 g|
|Processor||2 GHz Quad Core||1 / 1.7 GHz Quad Core|
|RAM||2GB / 3GB||2GB|
|OS||Android 5.0 Lollipop||Android 5.0 Lollipop|
|Storage||16GB / 32GB||16GB|
|Camera||Rear: 13 MPFront: 2.1 MP||Rear: 13 MPFront: 4 MP|