LG Optimus Black vs Galaxy S2
For quite some time, people across the world remained infatuated with Apple’s iPhone. It was the most successful smartphone ever selling in millions in all parts of the world. However, soon others caught up using Android platform. Samsung is coming up with an ace in Samsung Galaxy S2. The smartphone was loaded with many advanced features. LG is the other one introducing some magnificent phones to the market. It has launched Optimus Black with some stunning features in a mobile that is also one of the thinnest in the market. This article will try to find out the differences between these two smartphones, LG Optimus Black and Galaxy S2 to enable first time buyers to choose one that suits their requirement.
LG Optimus Black
Not for nothing is LG claiming Black to be one of the world’s lightest and thinnest android based smartphone. Running on Android 2.2 (it will soon be upgraded to Android 2.3); the high point of this latest smartphone is its thinness, weight, and the display which is very bright indeed. Another good thing is 2MP front camera for video calling and chatting. The phone has a 4 inch NOVA display that is even better than the super AMOLED screen as it has brightness and clarity that is unmatched. Despite such a bright display (700nits as compared to 300nits of super AMOLED) that makes web browsing even under direct sunlight easy, the phone is a real miser when it comes to battery consumption. Needless to say, with all these features and 150000 Android apps that can be downloaded, LG Optimus Black is the most sought after smartphone in the market today.
Talking of features, the smartphone has dimensions of 122x64x9.2mm and weighs just 109g. The resolution of the screen stands at 480x800pixels, and the phone is equipped with all standard features such as accelerometer, proximity sensor and gyro sensor. It is packed with 2GB of internal memory and 512MB RAM. The memory is expandable up to 32 GB using micro SD cards.
For connectivity, there is Wi-Fi802.1/b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi Direct, and Bluetooth 2.1 with A2DP+EDR. The phone can become a mobile hotspot when the user so desires. For those fond of taking photos, there is a rear 5MP, 2592x1944pixels, auto focus, LED flash camera that is capable of making HD videos at 720p @30fps. There is an additional, secondary camera that is sharp at 2MP for video calling and video chatting.
Samsung Galaxy S2
Having tasted enormous success with its Galaxy S, it was only natural for Samsung to come up with a successor with more features and better capabilities. Galaxy S2 is not only the successor to Galaxy S but a smartphone that is a separate entity. S2 has a super large display that stands at 4.3 inches, is WVGA (800X480pixels) and has a super AMOLED plus touch screen. Galaxy S2 is the thinnest smartphone in the market today standing at 8.49mm. The phone runs on Android 2.3 Gingerbread and has a dual core, 1 .2 GHz processor (Exynos).
The dimensions of the phone are 125.30×66.10×8.49mm and it weighs a mere 116g. The smartphone is a dual camera device with a rear 8MP touch focus, LED flash camera that can record HD videos in 1080p. It also has a secondary, front camera that is 2MP for chatting and video calling. Galaxy S2 is HDMI capable thus allowing the user to instantly watch HD videos on television.
S2 has GB RAM and internal memory of 16 GB that can be expanded using micro SD cards. For connectivity, there is Wi-Fi 802.1b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0, DLNA, and mobile hotspot. The phone fully supports Adobe Flash 10.1 that makes it open even media rich sites with ease.
Differences between Optimus Black and Galaxy S2
It is really a tough ask to choose between these two superb smartphones as both are fully loaded with features that are almost similar. However, on a closer inspection, one finds following points of differences.
LG Optimus Black vs Galaxy S2
• The display of Galaxy S2 is larger at 4.3 inches though Optimus Black is not too small (4 inches)
• Galaxy uses super AMOLED plus screen while Optimus Black relies on NOVA screen that appears to be even brighter than that of Galaxy S2.
• While Galaxy S2 is powered by a super fast 1.2GHz dual core processor, the processor speed is only 1GHz in Optimus Black.
• While both have a 2MP front camera, the rear camera of Galaxy is more sensitive at 8 MP (Optimus has a 5 MP camera)
• While Optimus has 512 MB of internal memory, Galaxy S2 has 1 GB of internal memory.
• While both can record HD videos, galaxy S2 is capable of recording videos in 1080p while Optimus goes up to 720p only
• Optimus Black runs on Android 2.2 Froyo while galaxy S2 runs on latest Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
• Though it is Galaxy that is thinner of the two (8.49mm in comparison to 9.2mm), it is Optimus that is lighter of the two (109g in comparison to 116g of galaxy S2).
• Galaxy S2 is compatible with the faster HSPA+21Mbps network while LG Optimus does not support HSPA+ network, it supports HSPA+7.2Mbps only.
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S II(2) (GT-i9100) and LG Optimus 3D
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S2 (Galaxy S II) and LG Optimus 2X
- Difference Between LG Optimus 3D and Samsung Galaxy S2 (Galaxy S II)
- Difference Between Android Dual-Core LG Optimus 2x and Samsung Galaxy S
- Difference Between LG Optimus PAD and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1