Love vs Passion
Love and Passion are feelings that are no strangers to human beings.Although they are interrelated, differences exist between love and passion that are important to remember when discerning between the two.
What is Love?
Love is a wide range of feelings, emotions, attitudes and states of mind that can span from affection to pleasure. It is a deep emotion that comes with an intense personal attachment and a strong attraction. It can also be defined as a virtue that represents human compassion and kindness. While there is also romantic love, there can also be the love that springs from genuine affection and compassion towards other living beings as well.
What is Passion?
Passion can be defined as a very intense and strong feeling for a person or thing. It is a compelling enthusiasm, intense emotion or an overwhelming desire. Passion can be discussed in relation to an activity or cause that one believes in or with regards to love. In the context of love, passion almost always conveys strong sexual desire but is a deeper and more encompassing feeling than lust.
What is the difference between Love and Passion?
Love and passion are two words that are almost always discussed within the same context. However, the many differences between these two terms are worth taking note.
Love is a deep feeling that can range from affection to pleasure. Passion can be defined as an intense enthusiasm or desire. While love is a tender feeling, passion is intense. Love is usually more deep rooted and longer lasting than passion. Love is when you cross over from being passionate; passion is a more primal feeling filled with lust.
Love vs Passion
• Love is deep and long-spanning; passion is fleeting and superficial.
• Love is a very tender feeling; passion is intense.
• Love can sustain a relationship; passion cannot.
- Difference Between Love and Care
- Difference Between Love and Affection
- Difference Between Love and True Love
- Difference Between Crush and Love
- Difference Between Love and Adore
- Difference Between Love and Lust
- Difference Between Love and Friendship