Male vs Female Urine
Urine produced by the kidney, whether in a male or a female, does not differ in the production process, but there is some difference between male and female urine in their composition. Kidneys are paired organs. In female and male, the urine production process is the same. The blood is filtered at kidney glomerulus and most of the essential items are reabsorbed. Some other waste is secreted. Finally, urine produced by the kidneys will be stored at urinary bladder temporarily. The composition of urine slightly differs from male and female. The metabolite of the hormones is present in the urine. Female urine has progesterone estrogen metabolites; male may have the testosterone metabolites.
The urethra (the outlet from the bladder ) is different in male from female. Females have shorter urethra. Because of that they have more tendencies to develop urinary tract infection. If the urine is analysed during menstruation, the urine may contain red blood cell. This is not a composition of the female urine, but contamination. As female urethra and vagina are very closely related in the opening, the pH, number of epithelial cells present in the urine may be different from male. Female urine contains hCG hormone during pregnancy. This is used to diagnose the pregnancy by dipstick methods.
Male urine may contain sperms if he has retrograde ejaculation. In the male, the genital tract and the urethra share a common pathway. Therefore, the sperms may be present if the urine sample is collected after a sexual act.
What is the difference between Male and Female Urine?
• The composition of human male urine and that of a female do not have many differences, though there exist some differences.
• The hormonal products and the metabolites of the hormones may vary from male and female urine.
• Because of the structural differences, the female urine may be contaminated with microorganisms and the pus cells.
• Due to the high muscle mass in the male body, the level of creatinine present in the urine may vary from a female.
• During pregnancy and following a pregnancy, the composition of urine may vary from a male in concentration and the waste products. hCG hormone that is present in the urine during pregnancy is used for pregnancy tests.