Miami Beach vs South Beach
South Beach is also a name of the diet that has helped millions of overweight people to lose fat. However, this article is about the beach that is frequented by tourists coming over to Miami in the state of Florida. There is also Miami Beach to confuse the tourists. The two beaches are different from one another in many respects though South Beach is considered to be a part of the Miami Beach. This article attempts to articulate these differences to enable readers to choose the beach that suits them more.
South Beach is a small district in the resort city of Miami Beach. It lies between the Atlantic Ocean and the Biscayne Bay. Miami City is to the west of this district. South Beach happens to be the first of the areas in entire Miami Beach to be developed in the early part of the 20th century. This is an area that contains all the barrier islands that make up Miami Beach to the south of a waterway called Indian Creek that is natural and divides South Beach from Miami Beach. South Beach is lovingly called SoBe.
Miami Beach is a beach town in the state of Florida though Miami City is a beach city. Miami Beach is a municipality, a small resort city that is separate from the Miami City proper. It is one of the many barrier islands that lie in between the Atlantic Ocean and the Biscayne Bay. In fact, it is the Biscayne Bay that creates the barrier between the Miami City and the Miami Beach. Miami Beach is a city that is frequented by tourists from all over the world. This resort city is a major tourist destination for all those coming over to the state of Florida. Miami Beach is also called The Beach by many people.
Miami Beach vs South Beach
• South Beach is a neighborhood inside Miami Beach.
• South Beach was developed earlier than Miami Beach.
• Miami Beach is a resort city, and South Beach is a district inside this small city.
• Miami Beach is more famous and frequented by celebrities.
• All the barrier islands lying south of Indian Creek in Miami Beach comprise South Beach.
• Miami Beach has more expensive hotels and is visited by celebrities whereas South Beach retains its old world charm with small hotels.
• Shoppers prefer South Beach over Miami Beach.
• There are also more night clubs in South Beach than Miami Beach.
• Miami Beach is more general term, whereas South Beach is just a part of Miami Beach.
• South Beach is more residential than Miami Beach, which is always bustling with tourists
• The southernmost 20 blocks in Miami Beach city make up South Beach.
• When you are in Miami, you invariably visit both Miami Beach, as well as South Beach and it is not a question of one over the other.