Motorcycle Jacket vs Bomber Jacket
Motorcycle Jacket and Bomber Jacket are two similar jackets worn while riding mo-bike. The fad of wearing a jacket while riding a motorcycle is very old and continues to dominate the fashion world even today. Most of the jackets are made of leather either black or brown in color but people often get confused between a motorcycle jacket and a bomber jacket as the two are very similar to each other. However, there are differences between a motorcycle jacket and a bomber jacket that are highlighted in this article.
• The first notable difference is the styling of collars. While motorcycle collars are stand up, bomber jackets have a full collar that actually folds.
• Motorcycle jackets look normal while bomber jackets are fluffy in appearance.
• Bomber jackets are always made of leather and are fluffy to retain the heat inside. On the other hand, original motorcycle jackets were made of heavy denim. Later, motorcycle jackets also switched to leather to make the situation confusing.
• While motorcycle jackets have a side zipper, bomber jackets either have the zipper in the center or are buttoned up.
• Both bomber and motorcycle jackets are tight at the waist to allow the user to have free movements.
The trend these days is towards leather bomber jackets with various fits and styles available in the market for both men as well as women. Men’s’ bomber jackets are also called flight jackets, aviator jackets, and also Royal Air Force Jacket. Men’s bomber jackets are modeled along the lines of the jackets used by pilots. Among military men, bomber jackets are more popular than motorcycle jackets.