Red Grapes vs Green Grapes
Grapes are not climacteric fruits. They are a type of berry. The vines on which they grow are perennial and deciduous. Grapes belong to a genus of fruits known as Vitus. Grapes are an abundant fruit, and it can be found all over the world. Red grapes and green grapes belong to two different species of the same genus Vitus. Wines are made from both red grapes and green grapes are they are popular all over the world. Grapes grow in clusters of 15 – 300.
Flavanoids give the reddish black color to the red grapes. If the color is darker means, there is a high concentration of Flavanoids. Flavanoids are an antioxidant compound. Flavanoids are important in lowering high blood pressure, protecting good cholesterol, and preventing heart related disorders. Quercetin and Resveratrol are the most important Flavanoids that help to give those health benefits. Resveratrol is the Flavanoid that helps in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Resveratrol also has antifungal and anti-cancer properties. Red grapes contain a lot of nutrients like vitamin C, vitamin B, proteins, copper, anthocyanins, manganese and potassium. Therefore, red grapes are thought to give many health benefits. It also contains little calories and more of dietary fibers. Resveratrol is the most important flavanoid contained in red grapes. It is known to give a lot of health benefits. It is also included in red wine. Though the French consume many fats in their diet, they are less prone to heart diseases due to the frequent consumption of red wine made from red grapes. Anti-histamine properties in Quercetin are required for the cure of various allergies. In addition, the anthocyanins found in red grapes have anti-inflammatory properties.
Green grapes can be found throughout the year. Just like red grapes, green grapes are also of high nutritional value. It contains carbohydrates, vitamin C and vitamin K. Green grapes also contain little calories and no cholesterol at all. Catechins are the type of flavanoid antioxidants present in green grapes or white grapes. Some amount of ion and potassium can be found in green grapes as well as in white wine.
What is the difference between Red Grapes and Green Grapes?
• Antioxidants are found in high contents, in red grapes, and only a little of antioxidants are found in green grapes.
• Green grapes contain slightly high amount of calories than the amount of calories in red grapes.
• Red grapes contain high amounts of anthocyanins and green grapes lack anthocyanins.
• Red grapes contain flavanoid antioxidants like Resveratrol, Catechins and Quercetin and green grapes contain only Catechins in small amounts.
• Red grapes can lower the high blood pressures whereas the green grapes cannot.
• Red grapes are important in prevention of heart related disorders and protecting good cholesterol but green grapes cannot.
• Resveratrol in red grapes can help in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease whereas the green grapes cannot.
• Resveratrol in red grapes has antifungal and anti-cancer properties whereas green grapes do not have.
• Anti-histamine properties in Quercetin, in red grapes, are required for the cure of various allergies, but green grapes do not have Quercetin.
• Anthocyanins found in red grapes have anti-inflammatory properties but those are not found in green grapes.
• Therefore, red grapes are high in nutritional value than green grapes.