Samsung Galaxy Note Edge vs Galaxy Note 4
This article attempts to help you find the difference between Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4 in order to make an informed buying decision. Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4 are very recent smartphones designed by Samsung, where Galaxy Note 4 was released last month in October 2014 while Galaxy Note Edge is even more recent where it was released just few days ago in November 2014. Both which support the S pens stylus with Android KitKat running as the operating system have very similar dimensions, hardware and software. The major difference is that Galaxy Note 4 has a normal flat screen where Galaxy Note Edge has a curved edge in its screen. This curved edge in Galaxy Note Edge provides easy access to alerts, frequency used apps and device features. Apart from this major difference, both devices are extremely similar.
Galaxy Note Edge Review – Features of Galaxy Note Edge
Galaxy Note Edge, which has superb specifications that are even closer to values of a personal computer, is a smartphone having a unique design of the display. Unlike any other smartphone, in this specific device the edge of the screen is curved. This curved part contains alerts, frequently used apps, and other device features so that it can be easily accessed even when the cover is closed. This also can provide notifications without any interruption to what the user is currently doing. The Quad HD Super AMOLED display, which can render a huge resolution of 2560×1440 can display very quality images. The 16 Megapixel rear camera that consists of lot of features such as Smart OIS, Live HDR can capture great photos and videos while the front camera also has a considerably high resolution for a front camera, which is 3.7MP that support latest trends like selfies. The device can be used by a S pen, which provides precise digital handwriting capability. The battery that has a large capacity of 3000 mAh can be charged in very less time; as short as 55 minutes. Cellular networks up to 4G are supported while other wireless connectivity technologies such as Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and NFC are also present. The device that has 3GB of RAM and 32GB of internal memory also supports external memory cards up to 128GB. A large number of sensors such as Gesture, Accelerometer, Geo-magnetic, Gyroscope, RGB ambient light, Proximity, Barometer, Hall Sensor, Finger Scanner, UV, and HRM make the device look like a very sophisticated sensing equipment. The device runs the latest version of Android operating system, which is Android KitKat that provides a lot of customization capabilities.
Galaxy Note 4 Review – Features of Galaxy Note 4
Galaxy Note 4, though it is a month older than the Galaxy Note Edge, yet contains all the sophisticated features that Galaxy Note Edge has, except the curved screen. This device, which has a flat Quad HD Super AMOLED with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, has a 16MP rear camera and 3.7MP front camera just as in Galaxy Note Edge. With a RAM of 3GB and an internal memory capacity of 32GB, it supports external memory cards as well. Same sensors found in Galaxy Note Edge are found here, as well. But the battery capacity is a bit higher in Galaxy Note 4, which is 3220 mAh. The device that can be controlled using an S pen runs Android KitKat as the operating system. This phone has two editions as SM-N910S and SM-N910C, where the price, processors, chipset and GPU of each model is different from the other.
What are the differences between Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Galaxy Note 4
• Galaxy Note Edge was released just a few days ago in November 2014, and Galaxy Note 4 was released last month in October 2014.
• Dimensions of Galaxy Note Edge is 151.3 x 82.4 x 8.3 mm while dimensions of Galaxy Note 4 is 153.5 X 78.6 X 8.5 mm. Though there is a subtle difference by a couple of millimeter, they are almost the same.
• Galaxy Note Edge is having a weight of 174 g while Galaxy Note 4 is also having an approximately same weight of 176g.
• The display of Galaxy Note Edge is 5.6 inches. The display in Galaxy Note 4 is longer by a negligible amount; it is 5.7 inches.
• The right-hand corner of the screen in Galaxy Note Edge is curved. This curved part consists of alerts and frequency used apps. The screen in Galaxy Note 4 is a normal flat screen.
• The battery in Galaxy Note Edge is 3000mAh while it is 3220mAh on Galaxy Note 4.
• Galaxy Note Edge has a 2.7 GHz Quad Core Processor, but Galaxy Note 4 has two editions where one has a 2.7GHz Quad Core Processor, and the other has a 1.9GHz Octa Core processor.
• Galaxy Note Edge has an Adreno 420 GPU, but Galaxy Note 4 depending on the edition has either Adreno 420 or Mali-T760 as the GPU.
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge vs. Galaxy Note 4
When compare Galaxy Note Edge with Galaxy Note 4, Galaxy Note Edge, which is more recent than Galaxy Note, has an innovative feature in the screen where its edge is curved. This curved edge of the screen in Samsung Galaxy Note Edge contains frequently used apps, alerts, and device features giving easy access easily via the thumb. Apart from this major difference, there are negligible differences in dimensions, weight, and battery where all other features are exactly the same.