Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 vs Galaxy Note | Samsung Galaxy Note vs Galaxy Tab 7.7 Speed, Performance, Features | Full Spec compared
Samsung introduced two new devices at the IFA 2011 in Berlin in September 2011. One is a small but powerful tablet Galaxy Tab 7.7 and the other is the world’s biggest smart phone, the Galaxy Note. Galaxy Tab 7.7 is the predecessor of the Galaxy Tab 7. The device is expected to hit the markets by the end of 2011. Samsung Galaxy Note is an Android smart phone, and the official release is expected soon. It features a 5.3″ WXGA (1280×800) display, which is HD super AMOLED, and powered by a super fast 1.4GHz dual core application processor. For network connectivity it offers 4G LTE or HSPA+21Mbps. Following is a review on the similarities and differences on the two devices.
Samsung Galaxy Note
Samsung Galaxy Note is an Android smart phone by Samsung. The device was officially announced on September 2011 and the official release is expected soon. The device reportedly managed to steal the show at the IFA 2011.
The Samsung Galaxy Note stands tall at 5.78”. The device is larger than a normal smart phone, and smaller than other 7” and 10” tablets. The device is only 0.38” thick. Samsung Galaxy Note weighs 178 g. One of the most appealing features of the device, maybe well fitting screen size. Samsung Galaxy Note boasts a 5.3” Super HD AMOLED capacitive touch screen with WXGA (800 x 1280 pixels) resolution. The display is made scratch proof and strong by Gorilla glass and supports multi touch. In terms of sensors in the device, accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate, proximity sensor for auto turn-off, barometer sensor, and gyroscope sensor are available. Samsung Galaxy Note stands out from other members of the Samsung Galaxy family with the inclusion of a Stylus. The stylus utilizes the digital S pen technology and provides an accurate hand writing experience on Samsung Galaxy Note.
Samsung Galaxy Note runs on a Dual-core 1.4GHz (ARM Cortex-A9) processor coupled with a Mali-400MP GPU. This configuration enables powerful graphics manipulation. The device is complete with 1 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage. The storage capacity can be extended up to 32 GB using a micro SD card. A micro SD card worth 2 GB is available with the device. The device supports 4G LTE or HSPA+ 21Mbps, Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. Micro USB support and USB-on-the go support is also available with Samsung Galaxy Note.
In terms of music, Samsung Galaxy Note has stereo FM radio with RDS allowing users to listen to their favorite music stations on the go. A 3.5 mm audio jack is also available. An MP3/MP4 player and a built in speaker is also on board. Users will be able record quality audio and video with good quality sound with the active noise cancellation with dedicated microphone. The device is also complete with a HDMI out.
Samsung Galaxy Note comes with an 8 mega pixel rear facing camera with auto focus and LED flash. Features such as Geo-tagging, touch focus and face detection is also available to support the superior hardware. A front facing 2 mega pixel camera is also available with this high end smart phone. The rear facing camera is capable of recording video at 1080p. Samsung Galaxy Note comes with outstanding image editing and video editing applications by Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Note runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread). Applications for Samsung Galaxy Note can be downloaded from Android market. The device has a good collection of custom applications pre loaded in the device. As mentioned before, video editing and photo editing applications will be a hit among users. NFC connectivity and NFC support is available optionally. NFC capability will enable the device to be used as a mode for electronic payments via E wallet applications. The document editor on board will allows serious work using this powerful device. Productivity applications such as organizer are also available. Other useful applications and features include YouTube client, Email, Push Email, Voice commands, predictive text input, Samsung ChatOn and Flash support.
While the available specifications are promising neither the hardware nor software is finalized as yet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is the predecessor of the Galaxy Tab 7 by Samsung, and was officially announced at the IFA 2011 in Berlin in September 2011. The device is expected to hit the markets by the end of 2011. The device is much lighter and thinner than the previous Galaxy Tab 7.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 remains 7.74” in height, nearly 5.2” wide and approximately 0.31” in thickness. It is worthy to note that Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is thinner than iPad 2 as well. The device can be called light weight as it’s only 335 g. Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is complete with a 7.7” super AMOLED Plus capacitive screen with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution. It’s a multi touch screen and Accelerometer sensor is available for UI auto-rotate. The device sports the customized TouchWiz UX UI and has a three-axis gyro sensor.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 comes with impressive processing power by a dual-core 1.4GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor. With 1 GB memory, the device will be available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB versions. With the help of a micro SD card, storage can be increased to another 32 GB. Micro USB and USB host support is available with the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. To the delight of application developers the Infrared port is also enabled in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. In terms of connectivity, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is equipped with Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and 3G (HSDPA, HSUPA).
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 comes with a 3.15 mega pixel rear facing camera with auto focus, LED flash and geo tagging facilities. A 2 mega pixel front facing camera is also available, which will enable video conferencing. As taking pictures from a tablet PC is not a priority, the less number of mega pixels in the rear facing camera can be neglected considering other important features of the tablet.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is powered by the latest version of HoneyComb, Android 3.2. However, the user interface is very much customized using TouchWiz UX UI. The device comes handy with productivity applications such as Organizer, image and video editor and QuickOffice document editor and viewer pre installed. Email, IM and push email is also available with Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7. Flash player 10.3 is supported and many Google applications are on board. Applications for Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 can be downloaded from Android marketplace. The virtual keyboard comes with predictive text input in order to make text input easier in the device.
Overall, Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is a good improvement from its predecessor and appears promising in the competitive tablet market.
What is the difference between Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Note?
· While Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is an Android Tablet, Galaxy Note is an Android smart phone.
· Samsung officially announced both at 2011 in September 2011, Galaxy Tab 7.7 is expected on markets by end of 2011, Galaxy Note is expected by September/October 2011.
· Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 has a 7.7” screen, while Galaxy Note boasts a 5.3” display, which is the biggest for a smart phone.
· Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 display is a super AMOLED Plus capacitive screen with 800 x 1280 pixels resolution, and the newest Super HD AMOLED technology is used in the Galaxy Note display with WXGA (800×1280 pixels) resolution.
· Among the two devices Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 remains thinner with 0.31”, while Galaxy Note is 0.38” thick.
· Between Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Note, Samsung Galaxy Note is the lighter device at 178 g, while iPad 2 is 335 g.
· Both Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Note come with impressive processing power by a dual-core 1.4GHz ARM Cortex-A9 processor, and Mali 400MP GPU.
· Samsung Galaxy Tab is available in 16 GB, 32 GB and 64 GB versions in terms of internal storage. Galaxy Note has 16GB internal storage.
· Internal storage in both can be increased using a micro SD card by additional 32 GB.
· While USB support is available in both devices, Infrared port is only enabled in Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7
· Both Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 and Galaxy Note are equipped with Bluetooth (v3.0) and Wi-Fi.
· For network connectivity Galaxy Note has 4G LTE or HSPA+21Mbps, while Tab is reported to support 3G HSPA+.
· Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 comes with a 3.15 mega pixel rear facing camera and a 2 mega pixel front facing camera is also available. Galaxy Note has a rear facing camera of 8 mega pixels and a 2 mega pixel front facing camera.
· Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is powered by the latest version of HoneyComb, Android 3.2 and Galaxy Note runs Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread.
· Applications for both can be downloaded from Android Market.
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S and Samsung Galaxy S Plus
- Difference Between T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G and Samsung Galaxy S
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy R and Galaxy Precedent
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy Tab and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P7100)
- Difference Between Samsung Galaxy S and Galaxy SL