Scrub vs Cleanser
Gone are the days when one had to depend upon different types of soaps to keep his or her face clean and clear irrespective of her skin being oily or dry. But the scenario has changed completely; so much so that, there are not just many products in the same category, but they are also available for dry, normal, and oily skin types. Both cleansers and scrubs are used to keep one’s face clean, but if they serve the same purpose, what is the difference between the two? Let us find out in this article.
As the word explains, a cleanser is just a cleanser. It cleans the face, removing all the dirt that sticks up on one’s face when she goes out of the home to face the weather. It is not just dirt but also oils that build up on your facial skin that get cleaned by rubbing cleanser on your face, and then wiping it off with a tissue paper.
A scrub is a special formulation containing tiny granules that have the power to remove a layer of dead skin cells. They are not as gentle on skin as cleansers and thus the name scrub as they have to be used in a rough manner on the face or any other body part to remove dead skin. If you use an exfoliating cream, you do not need to use a scrub separately. Scrubbing is a process that need not be undertaken daily as it can cause irritation on skin. However, cleansing is necessary as a daily part of your facial skin care to remove oil and dirt from your face.
Dead skin cells give skin a dull look ,and it needs to be removed. These dead cells also clog the pores of the skin leading to acne sometimes. All this can be prevented if one uses a scrub or an exfoliating cream that contain gravel like particles that rub and remove these dead skin cells.
What is the difference between Scrub and Cleanser?
· Both cleansers and scrubs are facial skin care products that keep the skin clean and clear
· Cleansers are like face wash though being gentler
· Cleansers cleanse, that is they keep out dirt and oil from the face and should be used every night to remove dirt and oil from the face
· A scrub is harder on the face and contains grains that remove dead skin cells
· Scrub also keeps the pores of facial skin open thus preventing acne from happening.
· A scrub need not be used too frequently.