Shipping vs Billing Address
Shipping and billing address are two different addresses though they can be identical too. These two addresses are very important for sending the bills, invoices, and the purchased products. Any mistake or error made by a website or a shipping company can result in the consignment being sent to a wrong address causing delays and increased expenses. For those who do not understand the differences between shipping and billing address, this article attempts to highlight this difference.
What is Shipping Address?
Shipping address happens to be the address where a person desires his order to be sent. If a customer has ordered a new jacket or any other product from a website, he enters his own residence or office address as the shipping address in the order form as he can personally receive the order when it arrives. However, there are instances when parents are sending gifts for their sons and daughter living at different addresses than their own. This is when the shipping address happens to be different from the residence or the office of the person ordering and paying. If a father is ordering and paying through his credit card for the books he wants for his son studying at a college and living in a distant city, he obviously has to enter the address of the son in the column asking for shipping address, to ensure that his son receives the consignment quickly without any hassles.
What is Billing Address?
Billing address happens to be the address where a person receives statements of his credit cards and also receives bills for utilities and other services. Billing address is a registered address and is entered with the card company. When you order something online, you are asked to provide your billing address. If the billing address given by you does not match with the one registered with the credit card company, the website becomes suspicious and denies transaction. Many companies allow the transaction only after confirming the billing address with the bank or the credit card company.
What is the difference between Shipping and Billing Address?
• Shipping and billing addresses come into the picture while paying through your credit card when you want the ordered items delivered to you or someone else.
• It is the billing address that is more important for companies as they want to make sure that it is the owner of the credit card that is ordering the product or service.
• Websites and online shopping portals have an address verification system that matches the billing addresses provided by customers with the one registered with their credit card companies.
• Shipping address is the address where the customer wants the products to be delivered whereas billing address is the address where the customer wants the bill to be sent.
• If you have both the addresses as same, just enter the billing address and in the column of shipping address, enter the same address.