Siberian Tigers vs Bengal Tigers
The Siberian tigers and Bengal tigers both come from the family of cats, they are the largest wild cats. Coming from the same family, these two creatures also faces the same problem of extinction and lately there’s a call for their preservation and their habitat as well.
Siberian tigers (or Amur tigers) are considered to be the largest from all the tiger species. They usually have very vast territories, ranging from 2500 – 4000 square miles. They mark their territories by urination and scratching the surrounding trees. Though both territorial, the male is the one that often defends his territory. Though he let other tigers to pass through his territory, he is usually solitary.
Bengal tigers roam the land area of India, Burma and Bangladesh. It is the most common amongst all the tiger subspecies, they usually prefer to stay in tropical forests and tall grasses. These powerful creatures usually hunt by night and they are known for its appetite, eating as much as a human’s meat consumption in a week.
Difference between Siberian and Bengal Tigers
Geographically Siberian tigers and Bengal tigers are both found on opposite climates. Siberian tigers are mostly found in Russian Birch forest, some are found in China and North Korea too. Siberian tigers are adapted to extreme cold weather, to compensate for this they biologically have longer and thicker furs as compared to the Bengal tigers and they have a layer of fat in its skin and belly to help with the insulation. Since it has limited prey in his territory a Siberian tiger may travel for several days to hunt for its prey, unlike the Bengal tiger that has more prey belonging to its food chain however they also have several competitors. Bengal tigers are also known to purr, just like a domestic cat, a trait that is not particularly shared in its Siberian cousin.
• Lately, there has been a lot of clamor for protecting and saving these wild animals. Though once fearless predators that hunted their territories, they are now in fact the ones that are being hounded.
• Siberian tigers are considered to be the largest from all the tiger species.
• Bengal tiger is the most common amongst all the tiger subspecies, they usually prefer to stay in tropical forests and tall grasses.
• Bengal tigers are also known to purr, just like a domestic cat.
• Siberians are adapted to extreme cold weather, to compensate for this they biologically have longer and thicker furs.
No related posts.