Tailored Fit vs Slim Fit
Whether you are a man or a woman, the most important aspect of all your clothing items is undoubtedly their fit. People like to put their best foot forward as they want to look attractive. Good fitting clothes are a must to achieve this goal. There are many different fits popular among the people. Two fits that confuse many are the tailored fit and slim fit because of their similarities in appearances. However, they are not the same and one should not use them interchangeably. Let us find out their differences in this article.
Slim fit is a type of clothing that clings to the body of the individual to enhance his silhouette. It is the opposite of loose fit, which is easy to identify from a distance as it appears oversize for the wearer. Slim fit apparel is good for average individual or slightly bulky individual to make him look slim and trim. If you have a V shaped body, slim fit looks nice on you. There is no extra fabric in the garment, and slim fit appears to be perfect for lean and average individuals. If there is no slim fit available in the market, thin people have to make do with the smallest size of clothing item and get it altered to give it an appearance of tailored garment.
A tailored fit is a style of clothing that is a result of proper measurements of the body having been taken by the tailor. It is a fit that looks similar to slim fit but is actually according to the curves of the body and not a standard fit. In most cases, it is a fit that is closer to the shape of the body than a slim fit and narrower at the waist, hip, and legs.
Tailored Fit vs Slim Fit
• Both slim fit and tailored fit are narrow fits, but tailored fit is closer to the body at hips, waist and arms and legs than slim fit.
• Tailored fit is made after taking the measurements of the body of the wearer whereas slim fit is a standard cut that is opposite of loose or generous fit.
• You can wear a slim fit suit on most occasions, but you would love to have a tailored fit for special moments of life like your wedding or when you are required to take a job interview.
• Tailored fit clings to the body according to the curves of the individual whereas slim fit has a standard cut and not necessarily according to the curves of a particular person.
• Slim fit is a ready to wear size, whereas tailored fit is a custom made fit that can be bespoke or made to measure by making slight alterations in the fits available in the market.