US vs UK
Difference between US and UK has many layers as even the English spoken in both countries differ. The US is expanded as the United States whereas the UK is expanded as the United Kingdom. Sometimes, US is also known as USA, which stands for United States of America. Both are western countries with a remarkable influence on the global affair. However, one could say that UK was the emperor of the world in the past while US is the unofficial emperor of the world at present. This is due to the power they exercise over the rest of the world.
Some facts about US
The United States of America is simply referred to as the United States or the US. It is a federal constitutional republic consisting of fifty states and a federal district. The US lies between the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean and is bordered by Canada in the north and Mexico in the south. The government in US is known as a federal presidential constitutional republic. Moreover, the US has several territories too in the Caribbean and Pacific. It is believed that the indigenous people of the US have moved from Asia at least 40,000 years ago.
The US is the largest economy in the world. It is characterized by a capitalist mixed economy. It has abundant natural resources and hence the economy is triggered by high productivity. The current president of the US is President Barack Obama (2014). He is the first African-American president of US. The capital of US is Washington D.C. The largest city of US is New York.
Some facts about UK
The official name of UK is United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom or the UK comprises of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. It is a sovereign state situated off the northwestern coast of continental Europe. The UK is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea. It is important to note that the United Kingdom is a constitutional monarchy and unitary state. The United Kingdom of Great Britain was created on 1 May 1707 by the political union of the Kingdom of England and the Kingdom of Scotland using the Act of Union. The United Kingdom thus is a country comprising of four regions namely, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The United Kingdom is governed by a parliamentary system with a constitutional monarchy.
The UK is considered the fifth largest economy in the world (as of 2014) and the third largest in the whole of Europe. Germany and France are the first and the second largest countries in Europe when it comes to economic growth. UK has a market economy.
The current Prime Minister of UK is David Cameron (2014). At the same time, the monarch is Queen Elizabeth II (2014). The capital of UK is London. It is also the largest city of the country.
What is the difference between US and UK?
• The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, known as UK, is surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, the North Sea, the English Channel and the Irish Sea.
• On the other hand, the United States of America, known as US, lies between the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean and is bordered by Canada in the north and Mexico in the south.
• The United Kingdom is a country comprising of four regions namely, England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales. The US consists of fifty states and a federal district.
• The United Kingdom is governed by a parliamentary system with a constitutional monarchy while US is a federal constitutional republic.
• The government in US is known as a federal presidential constitutional republic.
• UK has a market economy while US is characterized by a capitalist mixed economy.
• US has a President while UK has a Prime Minister with the monarch.
• British English is different from US English. For example, programme is the British English spelling while program is the US English spelling. In the same way there are many other language differences.
• National currency of UK is British Pound while it is US Dollars in US.
• US exports capital goods, automobiles, consumer goods, etc. while UK exports manufactured goods, fuels, chemicals, etc.
• US has a better cultural diversity than UK.