Viber vs Tango
Viber and Tango are VoIP applications that are used to make free calls among users via Internet from smart phones. Viber is available only for iPhones at the moment but Tango is available for iPhones as well as android phones. Viber is only having voice call and Tango supports voice as well as video call. A recent comment made by a Viber development team member to differencebetween.com indicates that Viber is going to release Free SMS kind of service later this month.
Viber is a VoIP application that allows you to make free calls to users who have Viber installed on their phones. At the moment iPhone users can download Viber from apple store and install on their iPhones. One good thing on this application is, instead of going through long registration, it uses your mobile number as username and registers automatically and will drop a verification code to confirm your number.
This application uses the same address book in your smart phone and shows a tag against contacts if they are registered Viber users. Then you can call them for free but it will use your data plan. Viber users could be anywhere in the world if they are connected to internet.
Only considerable advantage on Viber is, it’s synchronized with smart phone address book contacts and uses your mobile number as username. On the other hand it has disadvantages too in the sense; some people do not want to send their mobile number for privacy issues.
Tango is a voice over IP (Multimedia) application that allows you to make free calls to users who have Tango installed on their phones. At the moment couple of listed phone (Apple and Android) users can download Tango from app store and install on their phones. One good thing in this application is, instead of going through long registration, it uses your mobile number as username and registers automatically. (Estimated min time as per official website is 5 S)
This application uses the same address book in your phone or device and show a tag against contacts if they are registered Tango. Then you can call them for free but it will use your data plan. Tango users could be anywhere in the world, only they have to be connected to internet via 3G or Wi-Fi.
Considerable advantage on Tango is, it’s synchronized with phone book contacts and uses your mobile number as username. On the other hand it has disadvantages too in the context of privacy. And Video call cameras could be swapped while talking.
(1) Viber and Tango both are VoIP multimedia applications used in smart phones to make free calls among users but, Viber offers voice calls only whereas Tango offers Voice and Video calling.(Face to Face Calling)
(2) Viber and Tango both uses easy registration process by using mobile number as the username for logging in.
(3) Viber and Tango both synchronize with phone address book and place tags against the users who also have the same application. Which enable us to easily identify friends and family who has the same application and make free calls to them via Viber or Tango.
(4) Tango didn’t reveal anything about SMS but in a recent comment to Differencebetween.com from Viber Team reveals that they offer free SMS and will come into place by late this month.
(5) Even though Viber and Tango offers free call, both uses the mobile data usage and both works in Wi-Fi as well.
Viber for iPhone
Tango VoIP Calling