Wax vs Polish
Wax and polish are two important chemical substances that are used for various purposes. While both are used for shining of shoes daily in millions of homes all over the world, wax and polish are also used for maintenance of car paint. There are similarities in these two substances; they both are used for cleaning purpose, and to bring extra shine to the surface where they are applied. However, there are differences that need to be highlighted to make one use either a polish or a wax depending upon his requirements.
While polish is in the form of a liquid and contains abrasive content, wax is just a protective coat to save the paint of your car and to enhance its life. Polish is mildly abrasive and good way to remove dirt from the surface of your car. It also restores shine of the paint on your car. So when you see slight discoloration or when you think there is a lot of dirt that has got stuck on the surface that will not be removed after a wash with car shampoo, it is better to go for the car polish. Small scratches get reduced after a polish as polish removes foreign particles if they get stuck into the paint of the car. Before you decide to polish, you must remove the wax that you apply frequently on the surface of the car. You can wash the car with a dishwashing detergent. But remember, this detergent is hard and you must wax the car again after polishing. Polishing is a delicate job, and must be done by experienced persons only; if undue pressure applied while polishing, there is every chance of abrasive content taking off the paint of your car. Polish cleans the paint with mild abrasives. Some polishes are known to have fillers to hide imperfections and to give a richer look to the surface paint of the car.
Difference Between Wax and Polish
• Waxing is done to have a protective layer on the paint surface.
• Waxes are both natural and synthetic. When done properly the shine of wax can remain over the surface for more than 2-3 months.
• So polishing creates the shine and waxing seals this wet look and prolongs the effects created by polishing.
• Polish can be considered as an exfoliating agent that people use to clean the pores of their skin, and wax can be considered as a lotion to moisturize and provide a protective layering over the body.
• Polish contains abrasive materials that are required for proper cleaning of the surface of the car.
No related posts.