White Boxer vs American Bulldog
These are similar looking dogs, and could easily misidentify for an unfamiliar person. The countries of origin, body sizes, and many physical characteristics are different between white boxers and American bulldogs. All those important characteristics about them and the differences are discussed in this article.
White boxers (also known as Boxer, German Boxer, Deutscher Boxer, and German Bulldog) originated in Germany. However, white boxers have white colour in more than two thirds of their body, and they represent about 20 – 25% of all the boxers. The appearance of the white boxer is same as normal boxer, other than the coat. There are no albinos or very rare. Boxers are shorthaired dogs with smooth coats. They have a characteristic short snout, and their nostrils lie higher to the tip of the muzzle. Their lower jaw protrudes beyond the upper jaw and bends slightly upwards. Usually, they are tail-docked and ear-cropped dogs. A well-developed adult weighs around 30 to 32 kilograms, and the height at withers measures around 53 to 63 centimetres. Usually, males grow slightly taller and heavier than females. However, white boxers are more prone to skin cancers and 18% of them are born deaf. These congenital problems of white boxers are considered as a disqualification for breeding. However, they are faithful and very loyal to the owner family but distrustful of strangers. One tile litter size is about 6 – 8 pups and their lifespan averages around 10 years.
American bulldog is one of the bulldog breeds with a medium sized body originated in the United States. There are three types of them known as Classic, Standard, and Hybrid. Usually, their body weights vary from 25 to 55 kilograms and the height at withers ranges from 50 to 70 centimetres. They are strong looking dogs with powerful jaws, large head, and prominent musculature. Their short coat is smooth, with brown, black, or fawn colour patches on a white background, but the standard type does not bear prominent dark colour patches. They have a short muzzle, but drooping of the skin is not common. However, American bulldogs have usually flapped ears but they can suddenly erect them in an excited situation. They are social and active with their owners, and their average lifespan is from 10 to 15 years. They need a large space to exercise, and are good for the houses with gardens. Their litter size could vary within seven and fourteen pups at a time from one mother, and people breed them for working purposes mainly, but they are popular pets as well.
What is the difference between White Boxer and American Bulldog?
· These two different breeds originated in two countries. American bulldog originated in the United States, while the country of origin for white boxer was Germany.
· American bulldog is heavier and large than white boxers.
· Neck is wider in American bulldog than in boxer.
· American bulldogs have wider shoulders, stronger musculature, and stronger arms compared to boxers.
· Usually, boxers are ear-cropped and tail-docked breeds, but not American bulldogs.
· Boxers have a shorter but prominent snout compared to American bulldog.
· It is a protruded lower jaw in boxers, but not in American bulldog.
· White boxers are more prone to some of the congenital diseases, but not the American bulldogs.
· American bulldogs have a longer lifespan and a larger litter size compared to white boxers.