ZTE Grand X Max+ vs Huawei Honor 6 Plus
When you have a first look at ZTE Grand X Maz+ and Huawei Honor 6 Plus, the striking difference between them is the size and the design: ZTE Grand X Maz+ is bigger with square edges and Huawei Honor 6 Plus is slightly small with rounded edges. However, when you analyse the technical specification, you would see a better hardware inside Huawei Honor 6 Plus. Of course, they are two products from the Chinese multinational companies ZTE and Huawei, who are competitors in every aspects. These two telecommunication giants have started capturing a significant portion of the smartphone market too. These two phones were introduced at CES 2015. ZTE introduced Grand X Max+ and Huawei introduced Honor 6 Plus. Both can support LTE networks and run Android 4.4 KitKat as the operating system. ZTE Grand Max+ has a quad-core processor and 2 GB of RAM while Huawei Honor 6 Plus is powerful than that where it is furnished with an octa core processor and 3 GB RAM. Huawei Honor Plus is dual SIM while ZTE Grand X Max+ is not so. The display size of ZTE Grand Max+ is larger than Huawei Honor 6 Plus, but the resolution of ZTE Grand X Max+ is lesser than Huawei Honor 6 Plus.
ZTE Grand X Max+ Review – Features of ZTE Grand X Max+
ZTE Grand Max+ is the latest smartphone by the ZTE Company introduced at the CES 2015. ZTE is a Chinese multinational telecommunication equipment manufacturing company founded in 1985. ZTE claims that having the phone is just like having a flat screen TV on your hand as it has a huge display of 6 inches. The resolution of the display is 1280 x 720 px. The size of the phone is 162.1 x 83.1 x 7.9 mm and its weight is 171.8 g. The device is furnished with a powerful 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm processor and a RAM capacity of 2 GB providing fast application performance with great multitasking capability. The internal memory capacity is 16 GB and the storage capacity can be further expanded further if necessary using micro SD cards up to a size of 32 GB. The device contains two powerful cameras where the rear camera is having a resolution of 13 MP with a 4X zoom with LED flash. The front camera is also having a great resolution for a secondary camera where it is 5 MP, which will let selfie lovers take high quality selfies. A very important feature is that the phone supports LTE networks that will let you enjoy ultra-high data speeds. So as we can see all the hardware are very much up to date to resemble a very powerful smartphone but, yet the device comes with Android 4.4 KitKat as the operating system rather than the latest version Android 5.0 Lollipop. The battery is of 3200 mAh, but a major issue is the talk time that is stated as 6.5 hours is a bit low when compared to other phones in the market.
Huawei Honor 6 Plus Review – Features of Huawei Honor 6 Plus
Huawei Honor 6 Plus is the latest smartphone introduced at the CES 2015 by the company called Huawei that is also a Chinese multinational telecommunication equipment manufacturer founded in 1987. The dimensions of the phone are around 150.5 x 75.7 x 7.5 mm and its weight is around 165 g. The display is 5.5 inches, but the resolution is really high which is 1920 x 1080 px. This phone is dual SIM and supports LTE network so that it would let you enjoy rates of two providers while getting super data speeds of 4G. But, there is a low-cost 3G only version as well if you do not need 4G yet. The processing power is unbelievable as it has a Kirin 925 octa-core processor made up of four ARM Cortex-A7 cores and four ARM Cortex-A15 cores. The RAM capacity is also huge with a value of 3 GB. So it is clear that the specification is even far ahead than a Samsung Galaxy S5. The internal storage is 32 GB for 4G edition and 16GB for 3G edition. These storage capacities can be further expanded using micro SD cards up to 128 GB. The device has two cameras one at the back and oneat the front in which both are equally powerful with a resolution of 8 MP. Even it is stated as 8 MP the quality is much more than that as the pixel size of the sensor is larger resembling a feature similar to the ultra-pixel concept in HTC. The battery is a 3600 mAh, but the talk time is not yet stated. Because of the powerfulness of the processor we guess that the power consumption would be higher making the battery life bit lower. The operating system is a bit older where it is still loaded with the Android 4.4 KitKat version rather than the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop version.
What is the difference between ZTE Grand X Max+ and Huawei Honor 6 Plus?
• ZTE Grand X Max+ has dimensions of 162.1 x 83.1 x 7.9 mm and its weight is 171.8 g while Huawei Honor 6 Plus has dimensions of 150.5 x 75.7 x 7.5 mm with a weight of around 165 g.
• The display size of ZTE Grand X Max + is 6 inches while this is 5.5 inches on Huawei Honor 6 Pus.
• So, ZTE Grand X Max+ has a larger display, but the thickness and the weight of Huawei Honor 6 Plus is slightly lower than ZTE GrandX Max+.
• ZTE Grand X Max+ has a quad core ARM Cortex processor. But, Huawei Honor 6 Plus has an octa core processor made up of 2 quad-core ARM Cortex processors.
• ZTE Grand Max has 2 GB of RAM while the RAM capacity of Huawei Honor 6 Plus is 3 GB.
• ZTE Grand X Max+ has one edition and it supports 4G networks. But, Huawei Honor 6 Plus has two editions where one supports 4G networks and the other supports only 3G networks.
• ZTE Grand X Max+ is a single SIM phone while Huawei Honor 6 Plus is a dual SIM phone.
• ZTE Grand X Max+ has an internal storage capacity of 16 GB. The 3G only edition of Huawei Honor 6 Plus has 16 GB of internal storage while the 4G edition has 32 GB of internal storage.
• ZTE Grand X Max+ supports external Micro SD cards up to a capacity of 32 GB. But, on the other hand, Huawei Honor 6 Plus supports an external micro SD card up to 128 GB.
• The display resolution of ZTE Grand X Max+ is 1280 x 720 px while this is higher on Huawei Honor 6 Plus which is 1920 x 1080 px.
• The rear camera of ZTE Grand X Max+ is 13 MP while the rear camera on Huawei Honor 6 Plus is 8 MP. But, even it is 8MP, the quality would be considerably high as the pixel size of the sensor is larger with a technology similar to ultra-pixel concept on HTC phones.
• The front camera of ZTE Grand X Max+ is 5 MP while this is much higher on Huawei Honor 6 Plus which is 8 MP.
• The battery capacity of ZTE Grand X Max+ is 3200 mAh while this is 3600mAh on Huawei Honor 6 Plus.
• The price of ZTE Grand X Max+ is around $ 200. The 3G edition of Huawei Honor 6 Plus is around $ 325 and the 4G edition is around $ 400.
ZTE Grand X Max+ vs Huawei Honor 6 Plus
When the specifications are considered, Huawei Honor 6 Plus is much ahead of ZTE Grand X Max+. When ZTE Grand X Max+ has a quad-core processor with 2 GB of RAM , Huawei Honor 6 Plus has an octacore processor with 3GB of RAM. ZTE Grand X Max+ is a single SIM phone while Huawei Honor 6 Plus is a dual SIM phone. ZTE Grand X Max+ has only one edition that supports 4G but, on the other hand, Huawei Honor 6 Plus has two editions as 3G edition and 4G edition. The price of ZTE Grand X Max+ is around $ 200. The 3G edition of Huawei Honor 6 Plus is around $ 325 and the 4G edition is around $ 400. The display size of ZTE Grand X Max+ is a bit larger than Huawei Honor 6 Plus but, when the resolution is considered, it is considerably behind.
|ZTE Grand X Max+||Huawei Honor 6 Plus|
|Design||Single SIM, Square edge||Dual SIM, Rounded edge|
Resolution – 1280 x 720 px
Resolution – 1920 x 1080 px
|Dimension (mm)||162.1 x 83.1 x 7.9||150.5 x 75.7 x 7.5|
|Weight||171.8 g||165 g|
|Processor||1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm||Kirin 925 octa-core|
|RAM||2 GB||3 GB|
|OS||Android 4.4 KitKat||Android 4.4 KitKat|
|Storage||16 GB, expandable upto 32GB||3G edition – 16 GB4G edition – 32 GB
Both are expandable upto 128 GB
|Camera||Rear: 13 MP, Front: 5 MP||Rear: 8 MP, Front: 8 MP|
|Battery||3200 mAh||3600 mAh|
|Networking||Support 4G||One edition – 3GThe other – 4G|
|Price||$ 200||3G edition – $ 3254G edition – $ 400|