Differences Between Office 2007 vs Office 2010
Microsoft Office has undoubtedly been the most popular office tools suite for Microsoft Windows environment. Latest two releases of the suite are Office 2007 (released on January 2007) and Office 2010 (released on June 2010). Both versions are significantly different from earlier versions because of the introduction of the ribbon environment, and they do have differences between them too.
More about Office 2007
Microsoft Office 2007 is the first version of the Office suite with the ribbon environment. Rather than using the conventional menu based structure, employing the advantages of a graphical user interface to its maximum, majority of the commands were included in the environment as graphics. The Ribbon was primarily introduced to Access 2007, Office Excel 2007, PowerPoint 2007 and Word 2007. Office 2007 requires a Windows XP SP2 operating system or higher for installation. Not only the environment but some component software of the suite were removed completely (FrontPage), and some were introduced (Groove, Office SharePoint Server).
More about Office 2010
Office 2010 was introduced with more improvements to the ribbon environment called the Fluent User Interface. The ribbon was introduced in Outlook and OneNote; also, the software were made more role based, so that users working on a single role will have the ease of using the environment in their specific task. With the Office 2010 release, Microsoft made available their software usage online for free with limited functionality. There are numerous differences between Office 2007 and Office 2010, and following are the more commonly experienced by the user in the Fluent User Interface.
What is the difference between Office 2007 and Office 2010?
• In Office 2007, Ribbon was introduced to some of the software while, in Office 2010, every software is designed with the Ribbon.
• Office 2010 has an upgraded ribbon and the Ribbon can be updated for later versions, while
Office 2007 ribbon cannot be updated.
• In Office 2010, the Backstage View replaces the Office button and File menu used in the Office 2007 Suite software and earlier versions.
• Users can create accustom User interface with Office 2010 and Office 2007 user interface cannot be customized.
• Smart Art, which was introduced in Office 2007, is improved in Office 2010 version.
• Blog posting function is available in Office 2010, While Office 2007 does not support these features.
• Basic Spelling Checker included in Office 2007 is improved to a spell checker with automatic correction.
• A live preview is given when pasting in Office 2010 software, while Office 2007 software do not have this capability
• In Office 2010 package, the Backstage combines Print with Print Preview, Page Layout and other print options, while in Office 2007 , above functions are included in File menu
• While Office 2007 supports Dynamic Charts and Chart Types, Sparkilnes are introduced in Office 2010.
• Email Essentials are included in the office 2010, while Office 2007 does not include the Email Essentials.
• Most of the component software used has limited photo editing facilities while, in Office 2010, more advanced photo editing is provided in following applications – Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, Outlook 2010, and Microsoft Publisher 2010.
• Instead of Groove included in Office 2007, SharePoint Workspace 2010 was added to the office 2010 suite with more tightly integrated in the SharePoint processes and support for multiple workspace choices.
- Difference Between Microsoft Office 2007 and Office 2010
- Difference Between Microsoft Office 365 and Office 2010
- Difference Between MS Office Professional and MS Office Home and Business
- Difference Between Microsoft Visio 2007 Standard and Visio 2007 Professional
- Difference Between Microsoft Office 365 and Google Docs Suite