Bamboo vs Intuos
Bamboo and Intuos are graphic tablets produced by international company Wacom. The unique feature of these tablets is a cordless stylus that is pressure sensitive and operates without batteries. This technology has made Bamboo and Intuos very popular among photographers and other artists. The technology of allowing the user to make use of a digital pen is called by the manufacturer as Penabled technology. Many people fail to understand the differences between Bamboo series tablets and Intuos tablets. This article attempts to highlight these differences to enable people to buy graphic tablets that are better suited for their uses.
Made for home users, this tablet has a pressure sensitivity of 1024 levels and a screen resolution of 1000lines/cm. Most of the tablets in this series have a surface area of 5.8X3.6”, though a few larger Bamboo models are also available. The user has the option to make use of a battery free stylus alongside finger swipes. There are several models available in Europe as well as America, and one must purchase after having a look at the features of the particular tablet.
For professionals and serious artists, Wacom has introduced Intuos tablets. For this simple reason, all models in Intuos series have high specifications. One feels as if he is drawing on paper, such is the user interface. The tablet has high pressure sensitivity (2048 levels) and a higher screen resolution 2000 lines/cm. Intuos series of tablets is available in many sizes from small to XL.
What is the difference between Bamboo and Intuos?
• Intuos series is costly while Bamboo series is cheaper line of graphic tablets.
• Intuos tablets are meant for use of professionals with high end features while Bamboo tablets are for home use.
• Bamboo tablets have lower pressure sensitivity (1024 levels) while Intuos tablets have a higher pressure sensitivity (2048 levels).
• Most of bamboo tablets are small in size while most Intuos tablets are large.
• Resolution of Intuos tablets is double (2000 lines/cm) than that of Bamboo (1000 lines/cm).