Bootcut vs Straight Leg
The difference between Bootcut and Straight Leg jeans is in the shape of the jeans. Bootcut and straight leg are two very popular patterns of denim wear in both men’s and women’s categories. Fashion is one big circle, and a trend repeats itself after every few years. So fashions come and go but there are some fabrics that are timeless in a sense that they never go out of style, and the only difference that takes place is in the shape and pattern of apparel made out of these fabrics. Denim is one such fabric and jeans never go out of fashion. But we get to see Bootcut, straight fit, stretch, parallel, and many more patterns in the same jeans category. In this article, we shall discuss the differences between Bootcut and straight leg jeans wear.
What is Bootcut Jeans?
Bootcut is a shape that has been designed to give a casual look to the jeans and it clings at thighs while tapering at the bottom. This is a shape that looks great on men who are tall, but when short people wear it, they do not look that nice. The reason is that short people have short legs and with flair at the bottom, those being short look shorter than they are. If you roll the hem of the bootcut jeans up to your knee, you will see that the hem is an inch or so wider than the knee.
Bootcut jeans being tight on thighs mean they are unsuitable for official purposes, and this is also why they are not seen in offices. Bootcut jeans giving a more casual look to the wearer means they are worn over sports shoes than on leather shoes. As the name implies, bootcut is for those shoes that you have to wear under the jeans as they have more substance such as wedges, clogs or boots. Talking about figures, Bootcut jeans help voluminous people to hide their curvy hips.
What is Straight Leg Jeans?
Straight leg is exactly what it conveys. It keeps the same shape all over and is neither too tight (like stretch), neither too loose (like baggy or cargo jeans). They are called straight as they are slightly loose at thighs than Bootcut jeans but keep the shape down to your toes thus, falling over your shoes and forming a gathering of fabric that looks stylish. This is good for short people as they do not need to get the jeans cut to suit their height. Straight leg is a style of jeans that looks good on both short, as well as tall people. If you roll the hem of the straight leg jeans up to your knee, you will see that the hem and the knee both seem to have the same width or closer to the same width.
On the other hand, even Presidents and CEO’s of big companies can be seen wearing straight leg jeans, though they never wear Bootcut jeans. Straight leg jeans can be worn with slippers, sneakers, and leather shoes alike. When it comes to the figures, straight leg jeans look wonderful on slim people.
What is the difference between Bootcut and Straight Leg?
Bootcut jeans and straight leg jeans are two very popular shapes of jeans wear.
• Identifying Bootcut and Straight Leg Jeans:
• If you roll the hem of the bootcut jeans up to your knee, you will see that the hem is an inch or so wider than the knee.
• If you roll the hem of the straight leg jeans up to your knee, you will see that the hem and the knee both seem to have the same width or closer to the same width.
• Thigh Area:
• Bootcut jeans are tighter on thighs than straight leg jeans.
• Knee to Ankle:
• Bootcut jeans taper out into flairs below knees.
• Straight leg jeans maintain their shape throughout.
• Formal or Informal Look:
• Bootcut jeans give a more casual look and are not worn in offices.
• Straight leg jeans do not have such a problem. Straight leg jeans look more formal and are worn in offices too.
• Who Should Wear:
• Bootcut Jeans:
• Bootcut jeans are more suitable for taller people.
• For thicker people as flair helps to hide curvy hips.
• For women with long legs.
• When wearing shoes that are generally worn under the jeans.
• Straight Leg Jeans:
• Short women who want to show they have longer legs.
• With high heels, boots, and sneakers that are worn over the jeans.
• For those who wish to have the most classic looking jean that lasts for a long time.