BSc vs BEng
If you have passed your 10+2 exam, you have to take admission in a college or a University to pursue your graduation in the stream that you like or have interest in. At undergraduate level, there are many degree courses that have been classified as arts, science, engineering, medical, law, and so on. If you have interest in science and wish to study physics, chemistry and math at college, you can enroll in BSc program that awards a graduation level degree in science subjects. There is also an option to go for BEng if you have the aptitude to become an engineer. There are obvious differences in content, duration, and scope of these two courses that will be talked about in this article.
BSc is an undergraduate degree that is very common and awarded by most of the colleges and Universities. It is an academic degree that focuses on the subject and provides in depth knowledge of the science subjects chosen for the course. It is theoretical in nature though there is also practical part that consists of conducting practical in laboratories. BSc is a general degree and a good option for those who want to go on in the field to do post graduation and then research to make teaching a career. It is also good if graduation is the only aim and a student wishes to take competitive exams that one can take only after graduation such as civil services or bank exams.
BEng is an engineering degree that is a more attractive option for those who want a stable job and growth opportunities in engineering field. This is a course with duration of 4 years and is officered in many streams of engineering such as electronics, mechanical, chemical, civil, and so on. Often a student can choose the stream but it depends upon his performance in the entrance exam that is conducted after 10+2 level. BEng is a universal degree and is awarded to engineering students in most parts of the world. There is a great demand for engineers in all industries and thus BEng offers a great opportunity for a successful career after completion of the course.
What is the difference between BSc and BEng
• BSc is a general undergraduate degree course whereas BEng is a specialized degree course
• BSc is theoretically oriented whereas engineering has industrial applications
• BSc provides in depth knowledge of science subjects such as physics, chemistry, math or botanical science subjects whereas BEng is offered in multiple streams such as civil, mechanical, chemical, computer sciences and so on.
• Job prospects after BEng are much higher in comparison to BSc.
• Duration of BEng is 4 years whereas BSc general degree has duration of 3 years.