Cake vs Brownie
A chocolate cake and a brownie are two very similar confectionery items. Both are equally delicious and yummy to bring water in the mouths of people in all parts of the world. While cakes are more formal, brownies are taken as snacks with coffee or tea. Though they have some differences, courtesy regional variations and differences in ingredients, people find difficult to tell whether it is a brownie or a cake they are eating. This article attempts to find out the differences between a cake and a brownie.
Cake is a baked dessert that is similar to bread but always sweet in taste. A cake is baked using flour, sugar, butter, eggs, and leavening agents such as baking powder. Cakes are the preferred dessert in weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, and all other festivals, to let people make merry. Cakes can have different flavors, and they are often filled with layers of butter cream, pastry cream or fruit preserves. Chocolate cakes are popular in all parts of the world, and it is these cakes that people confuse with brownies.
Brownie is a typical American dessert that is not a cake but something of a cross between a cookie and a cake. Brownies are made to have a great taste similar to a chocolate cake, but they are chewy. This is because no leavening agent is used in the recipe and because of the very small amount of flour the brownie does not feel spongy. However, brownie has more chocolate, and this is why it is not easy to bite a large chunk from a bar of brownies.
What is the difference between Cake and Brownie?
• Brownie is chocolatier than a chocolate cake
• Cake is spongier than brownie
• Brownie recipe does not require a leavening agent. Thus no baking powder is used to make a brownie. On the other hand, all cakes require leavening agents to make them fluffy and spongy
• Cakes have more flour in the recipe than brownie
• Brownies are chewy while cakes are spongy
• Brownies are dense and have a crackled top surface. On the other hand, cakes have a creamy surface with icing on the top
• Brownies have more cocoa than cakes