Car vs Motorcycle
There have been many attempts to compare and differentiate between car and motorcycle in the past. How do you differentiate two different modes of transportation, which have been around for long and have helped billions across the world, to reach their destinations faster and more comfortably? Yes, there are obvious differences that are visible to all, but there are also differences that are not seen by eyes. This article attempts to highlight all differences between car and motorcycle for the readers.
Car is one automobile that has been a mode of transport on roads for a long time now. A passenger car used by people, to go to office, shopping malls, and to vacation destinations along with family members is what comes to mind when we hear the word car. A car is a motorized vehicle that runs on petroleum (now diesel and battery also). It is a type of moving small room with seats for passengers and four doors to get in and out. The front of a car has a steering wheel that is in the hands of the driver who uses it to stay clear of other vehicles and bikes on the road. A car runs on 4 wheels that have rubberized tires inflated with air.
Motorcycle is so called as it runs on 2 wheels just like a bicycle but does not use manpower. It rather makes use of an engine that runs on petrol. However, it is similar to a bicycle in the sense that the rider has to balance it, and it cannot run without the rider trying to maintain its balance. The wheels have rubberized tires on and inflated with air. A rider has to wear protective gear like a helmet as a motorcycle is not covered like a car and the rider has to brave the elements.
What is the difference between Car and Motorcycle?
• A car has more balance than a motorcycle.
• A car is covered, and the passengers do not face weather like the rider and pillion on a motorcycle, as they are uncovered.
• Car takes more space for parking, while a motorcycle can be parked in very small space.
• While gear changing in a car is through hand, in a motorcycle, it is done by foot.
• A car driver has to wear a seat belt for protection while a motorcycle rider has to wear a helmet to prevent any head injury.
• A car has 4 wheels while a motorcycle has 2 wheels only.
• A motorcycle is made for 2 people while a car can have 4-5 passengers.
• A car is better suited in light traffic while a motorcycle is better suited for both light as well as heavy traffic.
• A car has more space and can carry more stuff.
Car has axles, differential to accommodate turning four wheels, climate control for the passenger compartment, media center withe speakers (for playing music tracks and radio), windows, and windshield.
Motorcycle doesn’t have any of the above.
Very nice explanation!