Caravan vs Motorhome
The difference between caravan and motorhome arises from the nature of their design. Before that, why would you want to know the difference between caravan and motorhome? Let us explain. If you are a habitual vacationer, you must be horrified with the cost of accommodation which has skyrocketed in the last few years. Almost three fourth of the budget is eaten up by hotel rooms, which is indeed very frustrating. How about investing one time in a moving home that you can carry (in fact can move inside it) along with you to wherever you are going for your vacations? Yes, caravans and motorhomes have emerged as a perfect solution to the rising prices of accommodation at tourist destinations across the country. This is why more and more people are buying these moving houses. Though both caravan and motorhome serve similar purposes, there are differences between the two that will be highlighted in this article. This will enable new buyers to choose the one that suits their requirements.
What is a Caravan?
A caravan is a readymade house that requires a vehicle to tow it around. You can buy a caravan for short stays as you can tow it to the vacation spot and then move around in your vehicle, making use of the housing unit at nights and then towing it back to your home. You need to take into consideration the weight and size of the caravan before buying as some huge caravans are also available that can be towed behind your car. However, you may find it difficult to find places to park them to spend your night with your family. These days, caravans are available with all the modern facilities such as air conditioning, shower, toilets, and fridge, apart from usual sleeping and sitting arrangements.
What is a Motorhome?
A motorhome is what the name implies, a vehicle with a home attached to it. If you intend to travel long distances without the need to park your house here and there (there are dozens of caravan parks around the country), a motorhome is more suitable for you as your family can relax and unwind even when the motorhome is speeding away on highways. Motorhomes, as they are not required to be towed (having their own vehicle) are more convenient when it comes to finding parking though you may have to make some compromise in terms of space. They are also costlier because of a motor vehicle included.
What is the difference between Caravan and Motorhome?
• Caravans and motorhomes are recreational vehicles that have become very popular among families that go for vacations frequently.
• A motorhome has a vehicle attached to it while a caravan is a housing unit that needs to be towed by your family car.
• A caravan can be towed to places of tourist destination and then parked while you move in your car and spend nights in the housing unit.
• A motorhome is a ready to move house in a sense, and it is more popular these days.
• A caravan is suitable for short stays while motorhome is suitable for long stays.
• Since a motorhome comes with a vehicle attached to it, it is more expensive than a caravan.
• For some huge caravans, finding a parking spot can be troublesome. For some motorhomes too the same problem can be encountered.
• When you are buying a caravan, you also have to pay attention whether the vehicle you own can tow that caravan. When it comes to buying a motorhome, you do not need to worry about such details as motorhome already is a vehicle with a house attached to it.
• Compared to a caravan, motorhome has more space.
• Caravan is known as a caravan all around the world. Motorhome, however, has different names in different countries. In France, motorhome is known as ‘camping-car.’ Spain and Portugal use the terms ‘Auto Caravana’ or ‘Auto-Caravana’ to refer to a motorhome.
• There are different types of caravans such as conventional caravan, the twin axle caravan, tiny teardrop trailers, pop top caravans, folding caravans, etc. There are also different types of motorhomes such as Class A (or Integrated), Class B (or Semi-Integrated) and Class C (or Alcove).
When choosing between a caravan and a motorhome, it is important to keep in mind your family size and your travel requirements, to make a choice that fits the bill perfectly. Make a good choice after looking at what the vehicle has to offer to you.