Dilution vs Titre
In quantitative chemical analysis dilution and Titre are the two ways of describing the conditions, concentration or the percentage of particular particles, viruses, fats and many other things in a solution. Dilution is the term used for lowering the concentration of a particular solution. Dilution can be changed by adding more solvent or decreased by removing solvent. Titre is the threshold value of dilution at which it is required to carry out the reaction in case of chemical analysis and infection in case of viruses.
When a solute is dissolved in a medium to prepare a solution it is done at different dilution levels. The proper composition is reached by proper dilution so that the solution can be used industrially or in household uses. If the proper dilution is not there it will imply that the composition of the solution will not be proper and the solution will not be of any use. The dilution can be decreased or increased by removing or adding of the medium in which solute is dissolved.
It is another way of describing the composition of a solution but the difference being that it is a minimum concentration level of a solute in solvent at which a chemical reaction is possible. Titre not only refers to composition but it also describes the minimum conditions required for a chemical change. Titration is a process that is carried out to know the concentration of the solution. Titre testing uses neutralization reaction between acid and base. There are many physical appearances like color change, pH change, conductivity and precipitation that mark the endpoint or the threshold value of concentration reached in a reaction. Titre value for animal fat is expressed in temperature units as 40 degrees centigrade because fat is grease below it and tallow above it.
Titre vs Dilution
• Dilution is the chemical composition that can be changed easily but titre is the exact value and cannot be changed.
• Dilution is a simple process and can be done very easily but titre testing requires elaborate laboratory preparations.
• Dilution is a simple physical process and physical change occurs only when titre value is reached.
• Dilution cannot determine the chemical composition of the solution but titre testing is done to determine the composition of the solution.
• Dilution is a process that can by physical or chemical but titre is a particular value that is expressed by many units.