Facebook vs Myspace
In today’s world, social networking platforms have become an integral part of the day to day lives. Being two of the most common social networking platforms, it is useful to know the difference between Facebook and Myspace. Both, Facebook and Myspace, have the capacity to allow individuals to communicate with each other regardless of distance. Both sites allow a registered user to post and share videos and photos so that others may see, making interaction among its members around the world, an easy feat.
What is Facebook?
Facebook is the most recent social network to have become popular in a short period. Facebook not only offers communication, it also provides users with entertaining games. Facebook was primarily designed for college students who would like to interact with one another on a more sophisticated social site. It allows the users to add other users as friends and like and comment on each other’s online activity and life events. Facebook does not have the capability to allow users to change how their profile pages look.
What is Myspace?
Myspace was created years before Facebook and was very popular during its reign. It battled against Friendster which was also becoming popular during the early days of social networking. Myspace enables communication among its members, yet it is mostly centered on teenagers. Myspace can allow the users to change the appearance of their profile pages, which is a feature most loved by those creative at heart. Myspace does not however have games on the site.
What is the difference between Facebook and Myspace?
Facebook and Myspace are two social networking sites that contribute towards communication among individuals, thereby promoting a higher social awareness. However, much difference exists between Facebook and Myspace and it is important that one is made aware of these differences when choosing the social media platform that best suits their requirements.
Facebook has limitless entertainment application which users can play around with. Myspace does not have many such applications. Facebook was originally designed for college students. Myspace was mainly designed for teenagers. Facebook profile pages do not allow customization. Myspace pages can be customized according to the users’ preferences. Facebook users have had no problems regarding spam messages as Facebook provides tight privacy. Myspace, on the other hand, has been having issues with spam messages as the privacy of Myspace accounts has been questionable. In recent times, Facebook has taken center stage while Myspace has faded out of the picture.
Facebook vs Myspace
• Facebook can run a multitude of applications such as games while Myspace mainly concentrates on music, videos and movies.
• Facebook is more concerned about privacy. Only limited information is opened for public view while further viewing requires the permission of the user. Myspace also has privacy features, but these are not as sophisticated as those of Facebook.
• Facebook has a good safeguard against spam messages while myspace has been battling it out with spams.
• Facebook has regular profile pages while myspace allows users to change the profile pages, it allows users to be creative and unique.
- Difference Between Facebook and Twitter
- Difference Between Google Plus and Facebook
- Difference Between Flickr and Facebook