Free AVG Android Security vs NetQin Android Security
AVG Android Security and NetQin Android Security both are mobile security softwares by AVG and NetQin. Basically both give us the same functionality like Antivirus Protection, Theft Protection, SMS spam protection, Contact backups in smart phones and tablets. AVG acquired DroidSecurity who was pioneering on Android Security Solutions.
AVG Security for Android
DroidSecurity is the only company focused on protecting smartphones, tabets and other devices running on Android operating System. DroidSecurity is a cloud based mobile security system which is developed to protect devices running Android. AVG Security Company acquired DroidSecurity recently and developing solutions for Android Market.
AVG Security for Android provides
(1) Antivirus , scans and remove viruses
(2) Schedule virus scan as well as on demand scan
(3) Check apps for malware before downloading from app stores
(4) Mange applications remotely
(5) Locate lost or stolen device using GPS feature (This feature is there in iPhone 4 with Apple app called Mobile Me)
(6) Create and display messages on screen remotely
(7) Lock the device and erase all the data remotely if it’s lost or stolen.
(8) Manage the applications remotely.
(9) Provide basic protection from SMS spamming.
(10) SMS scanning for Malware or spam (From Pro Only)
(11) SMS spam block from Source (From Pro Only)
NetQin Android Security
NetQin is supported by Cloud Security Model designed to protect from viruses, Trojans and malware for Android mobile operating system. Featured in this NetQin Antivirus is scanning and deleting with cloud computing technology. NetQin updates antivirus database frequently to protect uses with the recent viruses and malwares. NetQin provides GPS tracking, contacts backups and full protection of user data. This is a free product and can be downloaded from Android Market.
Features of NetQin
(1) Full scan option from viruses, Trojans and malware and real time protection from getting them in.
(2) New Cloud Scan feature helps users to infect from new viruses
(3) Backup and restore contacts to a SD card or NetQin Server. (It can be done via MS Outlook Sync as well)
(4) Anti-lost feature support users to locate the lost or misplaced phone by alarming
(5) If the user gives up getting the phone back content of the phone or tablet can be deleted completely.
|Difference between AVG Android Security and NetQin Android Security
(1) AVG Android Security (DroidSecurity) and NetQin both are Android Security Software.
(2) AVG Android Security (DroidSecurity) and NetQin both are free and AVG Android Security Pro is 9.99 USD
(3) AVG Android Security (DroidSecurity) and NetQin both supports Antivirus and Malwares to actively do online monitoring for viruses and malwares.
(4) AVG Android Security (DroidSecurity) and NetQin both support locate lost or misplaced phones or tablets and worst case data deletion.
(5) AVG Android Security (DroidSecurity) supports SMS scanning and anti SMS spamming whereas NetQin does not support SMS scanning or anti SMS spamming. (AVG Pro only supports)