Gambling vs Investing
Gambling and Investing have few things in common. Both these activities involve money and are considered as commercial activities. There are many ways in which to spend one’s money to earn more. Therefore, taking a closer look at these two activities allows the reader to see that there are many differences between gambling and investing, which in turn help them understand better ways of effectively utilizing one’s resources.
What is Gambling?
Gambling is considered to be a major international commercial activity wherein most of these activities are illegal. Illegal gambling is heavily controlled or banned in many jurisdictions local and national. Aside from illegal gambling, there are also activities that are legal such as wagering money in a game without certain outcomes. Gambling is commonly practiced in casinos where the customers are provided with facilities to engage in games such as table games, electronic games and sports betting with the intention of winning extra money.
What is Investing?
Investing is a commercial activity where investors endow their money into certain ventures with the hope of gaining a regular profit. Such activities involve purchasing of financial instruments, purchasing stocks or other assets to gain profitable returns. These benefits or profits are actualized within a certain time frame and can be gained in capital appreciation, interest or dividends. Most forms of investments however, involve a certain amount of risks and, therefore, it is important to back such investments with a certain amount of research prior to getting involved.
What is the difference between gambling and investing?
Whether it is gambling or investing, various individuals engage their money in different ways with the aim of increasing their assets. Gambling and investing are two common means that people choose for this purpose. While there are certain similarities in both these methods, it must be said that gambling and investing are two different methods of utilizing one’s money.
• Gambling and investing are both ways of making their money profitable.
• Gambling involves engaging in a variety of games in order to gain profit. Investing is a more serious and professional means of utilizing one’s means in increasing one’s assets.
• Gambling is more of a recreational activity. Investing is a serious activity that involves research and background knowledge.
• More than in investment, there is a higher risk in gambling.
• Gambling is commonly found in casinos while investing is done in establishments such as banks and businesses.
• The risk of losing money is very high in gambling whereas in investing there are tools to forecast the return.
Leave a Reply