HTC Desire 826 vs Lenovo P90
We have taken here HTC Desire 826 and Lenovo P90, the two phones that were unveiled at CES 2015, to do a comparison and identify the difference between them simply because they both possess a similar harware. Both HTC Desire 826 and Lenovo P90 are expected to be released to the market in few days. Both feature quad-core processors with 2GB of RAM. But an important difference comes in the architecture of the processors where the processor on HTC Desire 828 is an ARM Cortex processor while that on Lenovo P90 is an Intel X86 Atom processor. The size, screen and the cameras of the two phones are very similar. Both run Android as the operating system, but HTC Desire runs latest Android 5.0 Lollipop while what is found on Lenovo P90 is the old version of Android, which is Android 4.4 KitKat but an upgrade would be soon released. When the battery capacity is considered Lenovo P90 is much ahead as it has a 4000mAh battery when compared to 2600mAh battery on HTC Desire 826.
HTC Desire 826 Review – Features of HTC Desire 826
HTC Desire 826 is a recently announced phone by HTC at CES 2015. The processor is a quad core ARM Cortex processor and the RAM is 2 GB. There are two editions with processors of different speeds. One is a quad core processor with 1GHz speed while the other is a quad core processor of 1.7GHz speed. The internal storage capacity is 16 GB and micro SD cards are supported to expand the storage capacity. It has a 5.5 inch screen of 1080p resolution. There are two cameras of which the rear camera has a huge resolution of 13 megapixels and the front camera also has a considerable resolution of 4 mega pixels. The front camera composes the UltraPixel technology of HTC and hence we can expect a great quality for selfie photos. The dimensions are 158mm by 77.5 mm by 7.99 mm and the weight is 183g. The battery has a capacity of 2600mAh. The operating system would be the latest Android version Android 5.0 with HTC customizations such as HTC sense.
Lenovo P90 Review – Features of Lenovo P90
Lenovo P90 is also a smartphone very recently introduced by Lenovo in CES 2015. The very special thing about this phone is about the processor. While most phones today uses ARM processors, this phone uses a 64 bit Intel Atom Processor. It is a quad core processor with a frequency up to 1.83 GHz. The RAM capacity is 2 GB and the storage capacity is 32 GB. A probable issue is that the storage capacity cannot be expanded using a micro SD card so one will be limited to the available 32 GB internal storage. The device has dimensions of 150 x 77.4 x 8.5 mm and a weight of 156g. The device, which has a 5.5 inch display, has a high definition resolution of 1080p. The rear camera has a huge resolution of 13MP and the front camera also has a much high resolution which is 5MP when compared to the LG G Flex 2. One interesting advantage is the huge capacity of the battery that is 4000mAh. This would provide a very good battery life for the phone. When the operating system is considered, it is a bit drawback that it does not use the latest Android operating system. It will ship with Android KitKat 4.4, but an upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop is soon expected.
What is the difference between HTC Desire 826 and Lenovo P90?
• The dimensions of HTC desire 826 are 158 x 77.5 x 7.99 mm. The dimensions of Lenovo P90 is a bit similar which are 150 x 77.4 x 8.5 mm. Lenovo P90 is hence a bit thicker than HTC Desire 826.
• The processor in HTC Desire 826 is an ARM Cortex processor while theprocessor in Lenovo P90 is an Intel Atom processor based on X86architecture. Both processors are quad core. The speed of the processor in HTC Desire 826 is a bit less which is just 1 GHz. But HTC Desire 826 also has a different edition that features a 1.7 GHz quad core processor. The Intel Atom processor used on Lenovo P90 has a frequency up to 1.83 GHz. The Intel processor of X86 architecture has a Complex Instruction Set Architecture (CISC) when compared to the Reduced Instruction Set Architecture (RISC) on the ARM processor. So, the number of instructions supported on the Intelprocessor is higher than that on the ARM processor providing a higher performance for certain applications that needbetter processing.
• The internal storage capacity of HTC Desire 826 is only 16 GB while the internal storage on Lenovo P90 is a bit larger which is 32 GB.
• HTC Desire 826 has a SD card slot that enables expansion of the storage capacity up toabout 128 GB. But this is not available on Lenovo P90.
• The front camera of HTC Desire 826 is having a resolution of 4MP while featuring UltraPixel technology by HTC for better quality. The front camera of Lenovo P90 has a resolution of 5MP.
• The battery on HTC Desire 826 is a 2600mAh rechargeable battery. But the rechargeable battery on Lenovo P90 has an incredibly higher capacity which is 4000mAH. So the battery life of Lenovo P90 is expected to be higher than that on HTC Desire 826.
• The operating system on HTC Desire 826 is the latest Android operating system Android 5 Lollipop. But the Android version running on Lenovo P90 is the previous version of Android, which is 4.4 KitKat. But a Lollipop update for this phone is expected to be released very soon.
HTC Desire 826 vs Lenovo P90
The most important difference comes in the processor architecture. Through both have quad core processors, the processor on HTC Desire 826 is an ARM processor while the processor on Lenovo P90 is an Intel Atom processor. Another difference comes in the battery capacity where the battery capacity of the Lenovo P90 is much higher having a capacity of 4000mAh while it is 2600mAh on HTC Desire 826. The RAM capacity, cameras, dimensions and screen quality are almost same while the operating system on both phones are also Android though the versions are a bit different. But when internal memory is considered HTC Desire has only 16 GB while the Lenovo P90 has 32 GB. But, on the other hand, HTC Desire 826 has a SD card reader to expand the storage while this capability is not there on Lenovo P90.
HTC Desire 826
|Design||Traditional flat phone||Standard|
|Screen Size||5.5 inches||5.5 inches|
|Dimension (mm)||150 (H)x 77.4 (W) x 8.5 (T)||158(H) x 77.5(W) x 7.99(T)|
|Processor||1.83GHz Quad Core Intel X86 Atom||1 / 1.7 GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex|
|OS||Android 4.4 KitKat||Android 5.0 Lollipop|
|Camera||Rear: 13 MP Front: 5 MP||Rear: 13 MP Front: 4 MP|
- HTC Desire 826 via HTC website
- Lenovo P90 via Lenovo website