iPhone 4 vs LG Optimus 2X
iPhone 4 and LG Optimus 2X are two phones that need comparison since they are two close competitors, Apple iPhone 4 needs no introduction, it has been in the market since June 2010. LG Optimus 2X was introduced in February 2011. iPhone 4 had been the benchmark for smartphones from its inception. Its popular for its design, both sides scratch resistance single glass slates nicely housed in a stainless steel frame and the crisp, vivid Retina display. The performance also very smooth with iOS 4.2 and the 1 GHz A4 processor. LG Optimus 2X on the otherhand is the first phone to come with dual core dual channel processor, which offers an excellent multi tasking. It also got a good camera with 1080p HD video recording capability and HDMI mirroring.
LG Optimus 2X
LG Optimus 2X is the first Android phone with dual core processor. It has superb hardware and runs Android 2.2. Its amazing hardware includes 4″ WVGA (800×480) TFT LCD capacitive touch-screen, 1GHz Nvidia Tegra 2 Dual core processor, 8 megapixel camera with LED flash and video recording at 1080p, 1.3 MP camera for video calling, 8 GB internal memory with support for expansion up to 32 GB and HDMI out (support up to 1080p). The other features include Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, DLNA latest version 1.5, Video codec DivX and XviD, FM Radio and preloaded with Strek Kart game.
With all these hardware inside, LG Optimus 2X is still slim too. Its dimension is 122.4 x 64.2 x 9.9 mm.
The Nvidia Tegra 2 chipset used in LG Optimus 2X is built with 1KHz cortex A9 dual core CPU, 8 GeForce GX GPU cores, NAND memory, native HDMI, dual display support and native USB. Dual display supports HDMI mirroring and in gaming act as motion controller, but it does not support for video playback.
LG Optus 2X is compatible with GSM, EDGE and HSPA networks and available in three colors, black, brown and white.
Apple iPhone 4
It’s difficult to say if there has ever been a smartphone that has caught the imagination of the people as much as iPhone 4. It is not just a phone; it is an idea that has caught on like a fever. The cult status of iPhone 4 among smartphones is a tribute to Apple’s marketing strategy and the image that it has developed for itself in the minds of the people.
iPhone 4 has a large LED backlit LCD display – Retina measuring 3.5” that is not huge but comfortable enough to read everything because it is extremely bright with a resolution of 960X640 pixels. The touchscreen is highly sensitive and scratch resistant. With a RAM of 512 MB and internal storage capacities of 16 and 32 GB depending upon the model you buy, this smartphone has a dual camera, with the rear one being 5MP 5X digital zoom with LED flash and illumination sensor – you can capture impressive video/photo at low light. The front camera can be used for video chatting and video calling. The phone works very smoothly with a super fast processor that is 1GHz Apple A4. The operating system is iOS 4 that is considered to be the best in the business. iPhone 4 is upgradeable to the latest iOS 4.3 that will add more features to iPhone 4. Web browsing on Safari is a pleasant experience and the user has the liberty to download thousands of apps from Apple’s app store. Emailing is fun with this smartphone as there is a full QWERTY virtual keyboard for fast typing. iPhone 4 is Facebook compatible to stay connected with friends with a single touch.
Mobile hotspot feature had been a negative scorer for iPhone 4 GSM model, but that is introduced now with the iOS upgrade to iOS 4.3. You can share your data connection simultaneously with up to five devices via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and USB. The non inclusion of the Adobe Flash Player is still an issue with iPhone fans, however, iPhone 4 has integrated YouTube.
Apple also has many of the features provided by HTC Sense, but in different names such as Find My Phone, iMovie for video/photo editing (purchase from App Store), Photobucket to play fun with your shots, Parental control is a good feature on iPhone where you can restrict access to some applications. Apple also has many other attractive features such as AipPlay, AirPrint, Search my Phone, iBooks (from App Store), FaceTime and game Centre.
Apple iPhone 4 vs LG Optimus 2X
• Design – Both iPhone 4 vs LG Optimus 2X have almost similar design but iPhone 4 is made of glass on both sides with stainless steel frame while Optimux 2X has a single sheet of glass in the front, plastic body at the back and both engulfed in a metallic frame. It is also slightly (0.6mm) thicker than the iPhone 4.
• Performance – You can experience full multitasking with LG Optimus 2X and multi tasking is extremly smooth with Nvidia Tegra 2 while Apple has put some restrictions on multi tasking in iPhone 4 to control the processor and battery power. On the hardware part, LG Optimus 2X is superior to iPhone 4 but it has some lapses on the software side, the UI is not very responsive as you may expect in a dual core phone.
• Processor – LG Optimus 2X has 1 GHz dual core processor with a more efficient GPU and iPhone 4 has 1GHz Apple A4 processor, both have 512 MB RAM..
• Camera – LG Optimux 2X sports a 8 megapixel camera with 1080p camcorder, iPhone camera is 5 megapixel with video capture at 720p.
• Operating System – iPhone 4 use iOS 4.2 and it can be upgraded to 4.3, while OS in LG Optimus 2X is Android 2.2 with LG UX. Android is an open system and flexible while iOS is a proprietary system and closed system. However, both Android 2.2 and iOS 4.2 have many similar features. IOS 4.3 has Safari browser while Android has full HTML WebKit browser and support Adobe Flash Player 10.1, that allows Android devices limitless browsing.
• Display Size – LG Optimus 2X has a 4 inches screen while it is 3.5 inches in iPhone.
• Display Type – iPhone 4 has a better resolution at 960X640 on a smaller screen, while Optimus 2X has a resolution of 800X480 on a larger screen. iPhone 4 scores more on text and image quality.
• Apps Store – Both allow user the ability to download thousands of apps, iPhone 4 from Apple’s App store, while LG Optimus 2X from Android Market. Apps Store is the leader in the application market with over 200,000 applications and it has iTunes and Apple TV. Android Market is fast catching up with Apple App store. It also has Google Mobile Apps and Amazon App Store.
• UI – LG Optimus 2X has to work on this little more, it is not much responsive and occupies more space from RAM. While Apple UI is more elegant and snappier .
• FM Radio – While iPhone 4 does not have a FM, Optimus 2X boasts of FM
• Storage – iPhone 4 has two variations for internal memory 16 GB or 32 GB, but no support for memory expansion. Optimus 2X has 8 GB in-board memory but support expansion up to 32 GB with microSD card.
• Battery– The battery used in iPhone 4 is in- built while the battery can be removable in Optimus 2X
• Third party Applications – Apple has restriction on third party application downloads in iPhone 4, LG Optimus 2X is open for third party applications.
• Additonal Features – LG Optimus 2X has DivX and XviD video codec.