LG G Flex 2 vs Lenovo P90
LG G Flex 2 and Lenovo P90 are taken here for comparison in order to find out the difference between them as they are two recent smartphones in the same range that were unveiled at the CES 2015. They will be available in the market soon; probably at the end of January 2015. A stunning difference in the LG G Flex 2 is in its design where it is curved along the length with an arc of 23 degrees and the phone is flexible. But Lenovo P90 has a conventional design, which is flat. Another very important difference is in the processor. LG G Flex 2 has an ARM based processor while the processor on Lenovo P90 is an Intel Atom processor featuring the X86 architecture. When the battery is considered, Lenovo P90 is ahead as its capacity is 1000 mAH. The front camera of the Lenovo P90 has a higher resolution than LG G Flex 2. But Lenovo P90 lacks a micro SD card slot and the operating system is the previous Android version Android 4.4 KitKat. Meanwhile, LG G Flex 2 has a card slot and its operating system is the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop.
LG G Flex 2 Review – Features of LG G Flex 2
LG G Flex 2 is a smartphone introduced by LG a very few days ago in CES 2015 that features some very interesting features. This is actually the second generation of the LG G Flex phone that came to the market back in 2013. The device is furnished with a Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset that is based on a quad core 2.0 GHz ARM Cortex processor. The device has two editions with 2 GB and 3 GB of RAM. The storage capacity can be selected from 16 GB and 32 GB while certain editions will support micro SD up to 2 TB even though in the market currently one cannot find such large SD cards. The phone has a length of 149 mm, width of 75 mm and the thickness takes between 7.1 mm to 9.4 mm due to the curve. The most special feature is the curved shapes where the phone takes a 23-degree arc lengthwise. The device is somewhat flexible where the curve can be straightened by applying a force , but it would revert back to the original shapes after a while. The display has a HD resolution of 1080p with a display size of 5.5 inches. The rear camera is a one with huge resolution of 13 megapixels, but the front camera is only 2.1 megapixels. The battery capacity is 3000 mAh and LG claims that the phone can charge by 50% in 40 minutes. The operating system on the device would be Android 5.0 Lollipop, which is the latest Android version.
Lenovo P90 Review – Features of Lenovo P90
Lenovo P90 is a smartphone very recently introduced by Lenovo in CES 2015. The very special thing about this phone is the processor. While most phones today uses ARM processors, this phone uses a 64 bit Intel Atom Processor. It is a quad core processor with a frequency up to 1.83 GHz. The RAM capacity is 2 GB and the storage capacity is 32 GB. A probable issue is that the storage capacity cannot be expanded using a micro SD card so one will be limited to the available 32 GB internal storage. The device has dimensions of 150 x 77.4 x 8.5 mm and a weight of 156g. The device, which has a 5.5 inch display, has a high definition resolution of 1080p. The rear camera has a huge resolution of 13 MP and the front camera also has a much high resolution, which is 5 MP when compared to the LG G Flex 2. One interesting advantage is the huge capacity of the battery, which is 4000 mAh. This would provide a very good battery life for the phone. When the operating system is considered, it is a bit drawback that it does not use the latest Android operating system. It will ship with Android KitKat 4.4, but an upgrade to Android 5 Lollipop is soon expected.
What is the difference between LG G Flex 2 and Lenovo P90?
• LG G Flex 2 is a curved smartphone with an arc of 23 degrees along the length. It is also flexible where the arc can be straightened by force, but it will revert to the original shape when released. But Lenovo P90 does not have this curved feature.
• LG G Flex 2 has an ARM cortex processor while Lenovo P90 has an Intel atom processor, which is based on X86architecture. Both processors are quad core. LG G Flex 2 has two versions where one has a 1.5GHz processor and the other has a 2.0GHz processor. The Intel atom processor used on Lenovo P90 has a frequency up to 1.83 GHz.
• Both are almost equal in size; LG G Flex 2 has a height of 149 mm and width of 75 mm while Lenovo P90 has a height of 150 mm and width of 77.4 mm. But, due to the arc, the thickness of LG G Flex 2 is different at different places and it ranges between 7.1 mm to 9.4 mm. The thickness of Lenovo P90 is 8.5 mm.
• LG G Flex 2 has two versions where one has a RAM of 2GB and another of 3GB. But Lenovo P90 is limited to 2 GB of RAM.
• LG G Flex has two versions from which the storage capacity can be selected. That is from 16 GB and 32 GB. Lenovo P90 does not have a 16 GB edition but only a 32 GB edition. LG G Flex 2 has a micro SD card slot as well while this is not found in Lenovo P90.
• The front camera of LG G Flex 2 is just 2.1 megapixels. When compared with this, Lenovo P90 is far ahead where the front camera has a great resolution of 5 MP. Rear camera in both are of 13 MP resolution.
• The battery capacity of LG G Flex 2 is just 3000 mAh. But Lenovo P90 has a much larger battery capacity of 4000 mAh.
• LG G Flex 2 runs the latest version of Android, which is Android 5.0 Lollipop as the operating system. But Lenovo P90 ships with the old Android operating system KitKat, but an upgrade is expected.
LG G Flex 2 vs Lenovo P90
LG G Flex 2 has a new design when compared to the traditional flat design where the phone is curved. So one who wants a new design would go for the LG G Flex 2 while someone, who loves a traditional flat phone, would go for Lenovo P90. Another great difference is in the processor where LG G Flex 2 like many other smartphones uses an ARM Cortex processor. But Lenovo P90 has a powerful Intel Atom Processor that has the X86 architecture found on PC processors. Lenovo P90 has advantages like a better front camera and a high capacity battery when compared to LG G Flex 2. But it has drawbacks like the lack of a micro SD card slot and having an old Android Operating system, which is KitKat rather than the latest Android Lollipop version.
LG G Flex 2
|Design||Flexible – 23° arc||Traditional flat phone|
|Screen Size||5.5 inches||5.5 inches|
|Dimension (mm)||149(H) x 75(W) x 7.1-9.4(T)||150 (H)x 77.4 (W) x 8.5 (T)|
|Processor||2 GHz Quad Core ARM Cortex||1.83GHz Quad Core Intel Atom|
|RAM||2GB / 3GB||2 GB|
|OS||Android 5.0 Lollipop||Android 4.4 KitKat|
|Storage||16GB / 32GB||32 GB|
|Camera||Rear: 13 MP Front: 2.1 MP||Rear: 13 MP Front: 5 MP|