Manchester vs Liverpool
Difference between Manchester and Liverpool can be considered based on the living experience in these two cities. To begin with, Liverpool and Manchester are two cities in England. Both the cities are famous for their food-related life and are considered to be one of the best places to be living in while you are in England. Liverpool and Manchester are targeted by thousands of students from all over the world. The main reason of the cities being popular in field of education is that the expenses are low and easy for students. Both the cities allow the inhabitants to enjoy a great educational and social life but the city of Liverpool takes the upper edge in living as it is much affordable than Manchester.
More about Manchester
Manchester is a city that serves as a metropolitan borough of the Greater Manchester in England. The population of the city as estimated in the year 2011 is about 502, 900. Manchester is the seventh-most populous local authority district in England.
Living expenses in Manchester are dependent on the person and his/ her needs. The cost of living varies greatly from person to person. Manchester has got a good reputation as a great place to live, study and work. Good news is that the city of Manchester is also easy on the expenses. Though the expenditure in Liverpool is less than that in Manchester, Manchester has also become to be known as one of the cheapest cities of England making it targeted by students, local business, and services by people from different parts of the world.
The city of Manchester is equally competent with Liverpool in field of education with about 170 primary and secondary schools with wide range of choice of schools whose history stretches back hundreds of years. Schools come with a number of other services with specialist colleges offering courses in almost everything. Manchester has three universities, namely, University of Manchester, Manchester Metropolitan University and The University of Law.
More about Liverpool
Liverpool is a city situated along side Mersey Estuary in England. The city was first found in the year 1207 as a borough and gained the status of a city in the year 1880. Among the cities of United Kingdom, this is the fourth largest city and third largest city in England. The city has a population of about 467, 000 (2014) people. Living cost in Liverpool is the quite low when compared to other cities of England. The living standards are great and the living expenses are quite affordable in Liverpool. The city, due to its affordability, attracts people, especially students, from various parts of the world. Mostly, the living expenses depend on your needs and vary from person to person but average living costs have proved Liverpool to be one of the most easily affordable cities in United Kingdom. Students might find it easy to live in self catering halls at the beginning as they are easily affordable. After moving out of these halls, the students have to live on their own and the private expenses might be increased as you will be responsible for all the bills.
The city of Liverpool has a large network of education facilities with a number of schools. There is a lot of choice opportunity available and the schools come with a number of education services and facilities. A large number of education centers for adults are also available which give the students opportunity to allow you to pick up CV-enhancing qualifications. Liverpool also has three universities. They are University of Liverpool, Liverpool John Moores University and Liverpool Hope University.
What is the difference between Manchester and Liverpool?
• Both Manchester and Liverpool are Metropolitan borough cities in England.
• Manchester is known by nicknames such as Cottonopolis, Warehouse City, and Madchester.
• Liverpool is known by nicknames such as The Pool, The Pool of Life, The Pool of Talent, The World in One City.
• While Manchester is known for being the home for Manchester United, Liverpool is Everton F. C and Liverpool F.C. These are all well-known and successful football teams.
• According to researches, the cost of living in Manchester is higher than that of Liverpool. Imagine that you are going to maintain the same standard in both cities. Then, according a research the living standard which is affordable for £ 2,900.00 in Manchester is affordable for £ 2,461.50 in Liverpool.
• According to population, Manchester is more populated than Liverpool.
• Both Liverpool and Manchester have three universities each.
• Manchester is governed by Manchester City Council while Liverpool is governed by Liverpool City Council.
- Manchester town hall by CC BY 2.0)
- The three graces in Liverpool: Royal Liver Building, Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building by Rept0n1x (CC BY-SA 3.0)