Middle School vs High School
Schooling system that is very common in the western world and is also employed in the commonwealth countries is the one where there are three distinct phases. The first phase is identified as the primary schooling while the end of schooling is signified by High School. In between comes the Middle school that is a transition between the primary school and the High School. In general, middle school is regarded as between the fifth and ninth grade of studies. The changeover from the Middle School to the High School is indeed a time that is very exciting for both the child as well as his parents. There are obviously differences in the two schools that will be talked about in this article.
In general, with a student reaching grade 9, teachers expect the student to take a bit more responsibility. This means that if a teacher has given homework or an assignment and the student does not complete it in time, he should take responsibility for his action and expect a lower grade from the teacher. Making excuses is common in the Middle School and teachers also ignore or overlook the omissions on the part of the students. When in High School, teachers expect a bit more honesty and an upfront attitude from the students. There is no need to be scared though as it is not like student moving to a new school or something like that. Yes, there are more academic demands and the teachers are harsher, but the student has also grown up a bit and is now more responsible for his own actions.
Kids moving from Middle School into High School need to make the transition in a smooth manner. It has been seen that many children fail to make a smooth transition and face a lot of problems. This is the time when kids need help and support of their parents, but they seem to be pushing away. When parents are involved with the kids during this transition, they seem to be better adjusted and emotionally very little disturbed.
Middle School vs High School
• In general, middle school is regarded as between the fifth and ninth grade of studies while the end of schooling is signified by High School.
• The first day of ninth grade is often the scariest for kids as they make the transition from their Middle School to their High School.
• The campus and the class size in High school are larger.
• The workload on kids increases as they move on to High School from their Middle School.
• In grade 8, students are coolest as they are the oldest in their Middle School. But once they step in grade 9, they are the youngest and perhaps the most nervous in their High School.
• Kids start to feel embarrassed to be seen in the company of their parents but make sure you have involvement with your kids when they reach High School.
• Grades start to count in high School as the goal now is college
• There are more academic demands and new teachers in High School.
• Kids start to feel peer pressure as they move away from parents.