Normal Shampoo vs Conditioning Shampoo
Many of the people who go to buy shampoos do not understand the difference between a normal shampoo and a conditioning shampoo and randomly choose one. For that matter, shampoos are one category of FMCG (Fast Moving Consumer Goods) products that are increasingly being used by the people all over the world. Before the arrival of shampoos on the scene, people had no choice but to use soaps to clean their hair to remove oil, dust, and dirt. So, first soap was used to cleanse hair. Then, shampoo was discovered as a better way of cleansing hair. After that, conditioner was introduced to be used after using shampoo. Finally, conditioning shampoo was made.
What is Normal Shampoo?
Shampoos are gentler on hair than soaps, and the goal is to remove oils, dandruff and dirt to keep them clean without removing too much of sebum so that they become manageable. As the hair becomes dry after rinsing hair with a normal shampoo, it had become a common practice to wash hair with a conditioner after shampooing. Conditioners are hair care products that are used to make hair soft and manageable so that they are easy to comb and style after washing them with shampoo. This necessity gave birth to conditioning shampoos that had the ingredients of both a normal shampoo and a conditioner.
Another interesting fact about normal shampoo is that it comes in different types that are specialized for different uses. Some of them are dandruff, colored hair, baby, gluten-free, or wheat-free. As the name implies, they are for those specific purposes. For example, dandruff shampoos are specialized in removing dandruff. Colored hair shampoos come with gentle cleansers that do not harm or wash away the color from your colored hair.
What is Conditioning Shampoo?
The concept of a conditioner shampoo was an alluring one as it did away with the requirement of washing your hair twice, first with a shampoo and later rinsing it with a conditioner. This meant a lot of time was wasted while taking a shower before and this is why companies started to make conditioning shampoo.
A conditioning shampoo retains all the features of a normal shampoo, which is to clean the hair by removing dust, dirt and pollutants, but also has other ingredients of a conditioner that help to make hair softer and more manageable than one finds after using a normal shampoo. However, there are different opinions among people about this unique product, and a vast majority continues to use a conditioner after washing hair with a normal shampoo.
What is the difference between Normal Shampoo and Conditioning Shampoo?
• The goal of a normal shampoo is to remove dust, oil, dirt and dandruff from hair. The goal of a conditioner is to make hair soft and manageable. A conditioning shampoo, which is a combination of a normal shampoo and conditioner, has both of these goals in it.
• Using a normal shampoo is more time consuming as we have to use a conditioner afterwards to make hair soft and manageable. However, when using a conditioning shampoo less time is taken as it has both features of a conditioner and a normal shampoo.
• Both normal shampoo and conditioning shampoo come with different ingredient types such as coconut oil, argan oil, etc.
• Normal shampoo specially comes in specialized versions for different uses such as dandruff, colored hair, etc. Conditioning shampoo generally comes with the main purpose of cleaning hair and then making it manageable.
• Normal shampoo usually has a dry effect on hair. That is why it is advised to wash your hair with a conditioner after using normal shampoo. However, conditioning shampoo does not have such a dry effect on hair. It is, in fact, moisturizing.
hye! if already wear conditioning-shampoo, do i need to apply conditioner after that?