QTP 9.5 vs QTP 10
QTP 9.5 and QTP 10 are software testing tools. QTP means QuickTest Professional. QTP is an automated testing tool developed by HP/Mercury. This tool integrates with other testing solutions such as LoadRunner, WinRunner and TestDirector/Quality Center. One of the versions of this testing tool is QTP 9.5 and QTP 10. QTP 10 has added features as compared to the previous version.
The version 9.5 of QuickTest Professional tool provides following added features over the last versions:
• Process Guidance – The help files are more accessible this time. This is good when a user is learning to record the test for the first time.
• Maintenance Run Mode – Now, users can update object properties and add steps to them on the fly. Users just need to run the maintenance mode if there is some change in the object properties after new build is made.
• Tabbed Browsing – Separate browsers identify the tabs. The same test is compatible with tabbed as well as non-tabbed browsers.
• New environments – This version supports new environments such as Firefox 3.0, Windows Vista, Record on SWT, Netscape 9 and Eclipse 3.2 and 3.3.
All the add-in can be integrated with the core package that is installed on the system. However, these add-ins need to be activated and for this, users need to buy them separately. Another enhancement to this version is that users are now able to view the functions that are related to current tests. Other added functionality provided by QTP 9.5 is bitmap checkpoint and Web add-in extensibility.
This version of QuickTest Professional provides integration capabilities of new quality center 10.00. Some of the capabilities are:
• Support for baselines and asset versioning.
• A new dependencies and resources model for storing as well as managing shared assets.
• It also provides a special tool for Quality center administrators that help in upgrading all the assets of QuickTest to be used with new features. The assets include application areas, components, recovery scenarios, function libraries, tests, and external data tables and shared object repositories.
• There is an Asset comparison tool included in this version that allows the comparison of versions of assets.
The Local system monitoring tool provided in this version helps you in monitoring the computer’s resources that are used by application instance that you are testing during a session.
|Difference between QTP 9.5 and QTP 10:
• In QTP 10, the test results can be exported in formats such as PDF, Doc, and HTML whereas this is not possible in QTP 9.5.
• All resources can be saved at one place only in version 10.
• While monitoring, the type of variable can also be viewed in QTP 10.