Reincarnation vs Rebirth
Difference between reincarnation and rebirth is distinct and yet rebirth and reincarnation are two words that are often confused as words that denote the same meaning because both of them speak about being born again. Actually, they do not have the same meaning. They show difference between them when it comes to their meanings and connotations. Reincarnation is re-embodiment of the same soul but in a different body. On the other hand, rebirth is the state of being born again or taking another birth. This is the main difference between the two words. Reincarnation usually refers to the rebirth of the same person at a different place after death.
What does Reincarnation mean?
A person who is considered the reincarnation of someone who lived in the past shows the same signs and mannerisms of that person. He may or may not remember about the happenings and the events of the previous birth. Sometimes, persons who reincarnate can predict that they would do so. They can also sometimes predict the time and the place of the reincarnation. Unlike in rebirth, in the case of reincarnation a person is reborn again as another human being. To easily understand the term reincarnation, think of changing clothes. When you change your clothes, you put on a new set of clothes removing the ones you had. Only the clothes change, not you. In the same way, in reincarnation, a person gets a new body but this permanent entity called soul lives on.
What does Rebirth mean?
Rebirth simply means being born again. On the other hand, a person who takes rebirth cannot predict what he would be in the next birth. A person who is reborn or takes rebirth does not exhibit the same signs and characteristics of the previous birth. In other words, the person may be born as a human being or any other living being in the next birth.
Rebirth is considered as part of the chain of births and deaths. A person who is born is supposed to die one day. In the same way, a person who is dead is subjected to rebirth again. Hence, it is a kind of cycle that goes on uninterrupted. Liberation is the only way to get freed from the continuous cycle of birth and death.
What is the difference between Reincarnation and Rebirth?
• Reincarnation is re-embodiment of the same soul but in a different body.
• On the other hand, rebirth is the state of being born again or taking another birth. This is the main difference between the two words.
• Reincarnation usually refers to the rebirth of the same person at a different place after death.
• In reincarnation, a person is born again as another human being.
• In rebirth, a person is born again as another living being. It can be a human or animal.
• A reincarnated person shows the same signs and mannerisms of the previous.
• A person who is reborn does not exhibit the same signs and characteristics or the previous birth.
These are the differences between reincarnation and rebirth.